Carry On Up The Jungle Page 2

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 8th June 2021, 1:55 PM

I never got the love for the later Carry Ons anyway - just churning out formula.

Yes, a much loved formula.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 13th June 2021, 8:55 AM

Maybe, and yes he was; but then why did he star, so to speak, in the ill fated Carry On Columbus.

Well I think his star had faded a bit by then, and obviously needed to earn a crust still. And iirc there was a big campaign for him to be in it, as he was one of the few originals left.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 13th June 2021, 9:31 AM

Yes, a much loved formula.

Not that well loved or they'd have carried on making them, or found a way to reboot them for modern audiences.

But it had Jacki Piper messing in the water with Terry Scott and her underwear got wet and........ Cor Blimey

Quote: chipolata @ 13th June 2021, 9:42 AM

Not that well loved or they'd have carried on making them, or found a way to reboot them for modern audiences.

Everything has a shelf life. The series is still regularly watched by hundreds of thousands at least, it's had numerous documentaries and biographies, all suggesting it's as well loved as ever. They did try to reboot it but reboots usually fail because people prefer the original cast.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 13th June 2021, 9:45 AM

But it had Jacki Piper messing in the water with Terry Scott and her underwear got wet and........ Cor Blimey

I always thought she was gorgeous.