Peter Sellers/Pink Panther? Page 2

Sometimes bonkers and completely insecure, Peter Sellers was a comic genius who did some of his best work with Blake Edwards. But for me, I think he was at his greatest in films like 'Two Way Stretch'and 'I'm Alright Jack'. His penultimate film 'Being There' was one of his most understated performances of his career which makes me wonder if we ever truly saw an ultimate Sellers movie. Anyway, for me one of Sellers finest moments came in 1974 on 'Parkinson' and here's the link.
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Peter+Sellers+on+Parkinson&search=Search

My favourite Seller's film is 'I'm Alright Jack' so I would watch that if I was you.

Maybe "A shot in the Dark" is the best PP.

I didn't like A Shot in the Dark at all. I rate them in this order:

The Pink Panther Strikes Again
Revenge of The Pink Panther
The Pink Panther (Steve Martin remake)
Return of The Pink Panther
Trail of the Pink Panther
Curse of the Pink Panther
Son of the Pink Panther
The Pink Panther
Shot in the Dark

So I finally watched 'The Pink Panther' and whilst the film itself was okay, I spent most of it, wishing Peter Sellers had more screen time. I'm really becoming a big fan of his, and I've only seen two of his films so far (in my adult concious mind). His timing and execution is breaktaking, I can't believe it took me this long to realise this.

I tried getting those other movies suggested, but the Pirate don't seem to be much help. It looks like I'll have to stick my hand in my pocket for once, which I'll willing do for more Steller performances.

Get "Being There". His best.

Get "Lolita" as well, the Kubrick version.

You will not be sorry.

Yes, I've seen Lolita, it's on TCM all the time, I remember watching it during my Kubrick obsession, lol.

Thanks Skibb.

Quote: Leevil @ September 2, 2007, 10:46 PM

Yes, I've seen Lolita, it's on TCM all the time, I remember watching it during my Kubrick obsession, lol.

My Kubrick obsession eneded when I saw Eyes Wide Shut. What a poor movie but the rest are good. Also i'm randomly going to recomend people should go and see IF aswell, it was Clockwork Orange before Clockwork Orange.

Quote: Skibbington von Skubber @ September 2, 2007, 10:42 PM

Get "Being There". His best.

Being There was on TCM earlier tonight, so keep an eye on their listings as it'll almost certainly be repeated before long.

Yeah thanks Aaron, I noticed that, it's repeated later on about 1am.

Hmmm - to stay up or not to stay up. That is my question.............

If a man can stay up it's a good thing Nick.

Quote: Leevil @ September 3, 2007, 11:40 PM

Yeah thanks Aaron, I noticed that, it's repeated later on about 1am.

So did you watch? Or record? Amazing film, so I hope you did.

I recorded it, shall watch tonight if I have nothing better to do.

Watch it ASAP. And keep going through the end credits, as there are some very funny outtakes. It really is an extremely good film, and even though it's not a comedy there are some hilarious scenes splashed throughout.