Peter Sellers/Pink Panther? Page 3

I actually watched some of it whilst recording, but fell asleep, not because it was bad, but I was very tired. It was like Forrest Gump or something?

Haven't seen that I'm afraid. From what little I know about it though, there may be a few similarities.

Just watched it and thought it was good. Peter Sellers was also good. To sum up, it was good. I can't really think of anything else to say about it, other then I enjoyed it and it was good.

I'm glad I watched it, but I'm more interested in seeing Sellers the comedian at the moment.

Just watching "Revenge of the Pink Panther" on DVD from my box set. Does anyone know why "Return of the Pink Panther" was not included?

I believe the DVD rights belong to someone else, why for just that one, I don't know.

Yeah, I had to buy it separately as well.

Doesn't help my OCD when it comes to everything being in order and the same on my DVD shelf !

:S

A Shot In The Dark is by far the best, Return and Revenge are both great and Strikes Again manages to be quite a weak film with some very funny moments.

Quote: Faldor @ May 28 2012, 11:04 AM BST

...Strikes Again manages to be quite a weak film with some very funny moments.

That is the most ludicrous thing I've heard in ages! Strikes Again is the best one and one of the best comedy movies ever. Return is one which is weak and almost unwatchable at times.

Not so keen on his Hollywood career in which he falls back on Goons voices and pratting around in wigs and false beards.

A lesser known faovurite of mine is the bored philandering librarian in Only Two Can Play.

Also his bent PM, SeƱor Amphibulos in Carlton-Browne of the F.O. trying to offer bemused uptight foreign office official Terry Thomas a backhander.

Quote: Faldor @ May 28 2012, 11:04 AM BST

A Shot In The Dark is by far the best,

I used to cite A Shot In The Dark as the only example of a sequel that was superior to the original; then I learnt that although A Shot In The Dark was released after The Pink Panther it was actually filmed first...

Quote: Tursiops @ May 30 2012, 7:10 PM BST

I learnt that although A Shot In The Dark was released after The Pink Panther it was actually filmed first...

It's absolute bollocks to suggest that A Shot in the Dark was made before Panther. Read any decent Sellers biography.

I rate ASITD one of the best British comedies ever made, it is simply fantastic. It certainly doesn't look like it was made before TPP. However the whole PP franchise is indeed confusing, the choppy way it was made, sometimes including the PP diamond, sometimes not, and the titles don't really help. Nor does the fact that Sellers didn't play Cleuseau in every film when he was alive. The franchise is really a bit of a confusing mess.

Quote: Kenneth @ May 31 2012, 3:23 PM BST

It's absolute bollocks to suggest that A Shot in the Dark was made before Panther. Read any decent Sellers biography.

Never read biographies - no-one interests me that much. But fair enough, doubtless some bollocks trivia I picked up somewhere.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0058586/reviews

But is IMDb reliable?

But that would explain why, if it was really the first film, it was put out second and why it looks more advanced in terms of characters and trademarks, and it makes sense to keep it until the second film made has shown. They were filmed virtually back to back anyway. What I don't get or believe is that they held it back because they thought it wasn't funny enough in the private screening. Eh? Eh? It's one of the funniest films of the 60s, easily.