BCG Fantasy Premier League 2013/14 Page 106

I'm in exactly the same position as last year - fourth. Climbed up to third and lost it to Don on the last day of the season with a hat trick from Lukaku.

I can't see me finishing lower than fourth now so it feels like a re-run.

A Hat trick by Lukaku you say... hmmm so he is capable when he wants to be

Ferguson's last game. An improbable 5-5 draw at the Hawthorns.

Lukaku's goals were all scuff-ins if I remember. He's a useless lumbering oaf.

Of all the strikers that are or were on Chelsea's books I'm so glad that Sturridge was frozen out & went to Liverpool
And that he refused an earlier loan deal with a preference for a permanent move
(that probably saved a few million on the transfer fee)

But would he have done well for Chelsea had he stayed?
I think Mourhino has designed a team that's functional and hard to beat but is not always very Striker friendly.

Having said that, If Eto was 30 years younger he's probably be the leagues top scorer.
When he got injured Mourhino got straight on the phone to Chappers as a replacement, but thankfully he'd forgotten the passcode to his answerphone

Sturridge has developed out of recognition under Rodgers. He's become a much more creative and unselfish player. He also always played on the wing at Chelsea, which isn't a natural position for him.

I don't think he would have prospered under Mourinho in the way he has at Liverpool, but I'm certain he wouldn't have been sold.

E'Eto is hard to like. I didn't like his comments on Pep either.

He's probably a tosser, but he can play and he knows where the goal is.
I seem to remember us talking about Pardew for manager of the season last time around
It has to be Rodgers this year surely, whatever happens from now.

You'd have to be insane not to be impressed by what Rodgers has done at Liverpool. Tactically he's been outstanding and some of the games Liverpool has lost or drawn have been more down to external considerations such as bad refereeing.

He seems to be able to really inspire the players and he speaks very well about them, often praising their personal qualities. A real contrast with Moyes who appears ashen faced like the wedding guest in the Rime of the Ancient Mariner and makes bizarrely confidence-free things like: "We're going to try to win the next game."

Jesus f**king bollocks. United caning Newcastle and f**king De Gea's on the bench. F**king hell.

Looks like you're going to have a goalkeeping problem next gameweek as well.

Is Hazard on the bench today?

I've captained Hazard. I can't wait for this season to end :)

Hopefully you'll get Januzaj points off the bench

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 5th April 2014, 5:20 PM BST

Hopefully you'll get Januzaj points off the bench

You haven't been following The Teke Over this season Steve.

Hazard will come on in the 93rd minute as Mourinho tries to waste time to protect his 1-0 lead.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 5th April 2014, 5:13 PM BST

Looks like you're going to have a goalkeeping problem next gameweek as well.

McGregor would have brought home a cleanie this week if he wasn't in the renal unit, plus although his red card was rescinded I didn't get the points added back. Angry

Tried to play the season with one keeper which doesn't work, kids. Early on having a non-playing S'ton keeper stopped me bringing in Lallana amongst other f**k ups.

Quote: Gerry McDonnell @ 5th April 2014, 5:23 PM BST

You haven't been following The Teke Over this season Steve.

Hazard will come on in the 93rd minute as Mourinho tries to waste time to protect his 1-0 lead.

Quite likely. I also can't wait for the season to end.

F**kbollocks. Just brought Rodriguez in at a cost of 4 points and now he's out for the season probably. Will be doubly pissed off if Giroud decides to score tomorrow.

Nearly captained Mata this weekend when I heard Rooney was injured; figured it would suit him better to play behind Welbeck/Hernandez.

Oh well, at least I stuck with him for no apparent reason.