Serious Debate Only please!

The fruit pastel thing started an argument at work.

Please resolve.

Smarties. Right.

The orange ones. yeah?

Orange chocolate inside or not?

YES!

I was having this conversation with a friend the other day, in fact. And yes, the only Smartie to have a flavoured chocolate is the orange one. It is orange flavoured chocolate, without a doubt.

Yer isn't it full of bad additives though - makes kids crazy!

Being a crazy kid is normal!

Don't blame smarties!

I never had an orange one, I was more interested in the letter on the back of the plastic cap than the colour/flavour of the smarties...

Orangey yumness!

I hate smarties. Just the look, the texture as you bite through them. Yeuch.

Toffo's. Now that's the real deal. Particularly the mixed packet.

Quote: EllieJP @ August 15, 2007, 10:08 AM

Yer isn't it full of bad additives though - makes kids crazy!

Not any more - they're additive free now and just don't taste the same.

Quote: Frankie Rage @ August 15, 2007, 11:29 AM

I never had an orange one, I was more interested in the letter on the back of the plastic cap than the colour/flavour of the smarties...

Me too! I always ended up with loads of 'U's. And you could fire them across the classroom. Now it's hexagonal wooden tubes with no cap. Madness. It's like the new kit-kat wrappers - where's the fun with no foil?

I never knew the orange one had flavoured chocolate. I just assumed they all tasted the same. Prbly never ate them one at a time...

'Prbly never ate them one at a time...'

Oh good, I'm not the only one then. Half a tube in one go at least.

Quote: Simon Stratton @ August 15, 2007, 12:13 PM

It's like the new kit-kat wrappers - where's the fun with no foil?

Said like a true smack head in Piccadilly Gardens
:D

Quote: Ginger Jesus @ August 15, 2007, 12:46 PM

Said like a true smack head in Piccadilly Gardens
:D

I thought you said 'snack head'. Because kit-kats are snacks. And I have a head.

:)

That would work.

Quote: Simon Stratton @ August 15, 2007, 12:13 PM

Not any more - they're additive free now and just don't taste the same.

Bloody organic brigade spoiling everything. If I want snail shit on my food i'd buy it at the farmer's market. It's because of those organic nazis that we ain't eating nice genectically modified e.g. tastier/healthier/cheaper food. Grrrrrrrrr

But to answer the original question I think your right Ginger Jesus. As you probably know the 'orange' ones are special.

Orange chocolate? Never!

No... Are they? Seriously? Can't say I've ever noticed.

Anyway, I've been boycotting Smarties ever since they went all hexagonal. Boooo!

Hexagonal!? What!? What the hell is going on!?

The tubes! They changed them. They're all hexagony now, not cylindrical. Sacrilege, I tells ya!