Les Dawson: An Audience With That Never Was

Anyone watching this? It looks good!

This looks like an interesting programme.

I've gotta admit, I'm strangely intrigued by this. They did it with 2Pac, so it's obvious they'd go with Les after...

I remember they had hologram technology in the 1980s. Doubt they could have done such a programme like this then.

Mind you he was still alive at the time-mostly!

If it's a Pepper's Ghost projection, like the holographic Tupac performance, then the technology has been around since the 1860s. I hope the holographic Les gets to dance with Tupac like Snoop Dogg and Dr Dre did. That really would be something.

Quote: Agnes Guano @ May 31 2013, 10:58 AM BST

If it's a Pepper's Ghost projection.

I thought that was the actor in another room projected onto the stage.

Wasn't there An Audience With Max Miller That Never Was in the 1990s with a cardboard cut out?

I'll watch as I love Les Dawson but there's a small nagging feeling that it's a bit poor taste, like being invited to sit in on seance.

Truly, truly embarrassing. Why oh why would ITV ruin his memory with this cheap trash? With cheap and nasty celebrities like Hunniford, Blair pretending to mouth "amazing", "fantastic" etc so, so very BAD. The celebrities were not in the audience, we only saw the back of heads then films of pre recorded Z list others providing some sort of false laughter or false, stupid look of surprise. Then comments from no marks desperate for work. BAD, BAD, BAD.

I'm enjoying it as it's basically him doing his show. All the audiences are similar for these Audience with progs though. Will they ask him questions later?

Interesting to see Robert Lindsay with Rosemary Ford and also Dorian.

The celebs are his contemporaries. People who would have been at the real one 20 years ago.

Just realised how much Ada reminds me of Mrs Brady. Obviously where Viz got the ideas.

Classic Les, extremely funny man and quite moving seeing him on stage like that.

Now that is comedy folks

Oh - it's finished too soon!

A mixed reaction from me. I loved the comedy and was pretty impressed with the technology, but the sheer number of talking heads in this show made me furious! It took up around half of the programme. I wanted to see Les Dawson, not 20 different faces talking about him.