Legal Privilege - Sitcom Script Page 10

In bnoth cases your referring to the testes and scrotum not the penis.

It's a ball-gag? Kinky.

Quote: Tursiops @ August 11 2013, 9:53 AM BST

It's a ball-gag? Kinky.

:D

But the realisation I haven't written a knob gag has put something of a downer on my Sunday morning.

Back to the drawing board...

Quote: sootyj @ August 11 2013, 9:51 AM BST

In bnoth cases your referring to the testes and scrotum not the penis.

It doesn't have to be quite so literal Sootyj :)

More a sack crack

Quote: Marc P @ August 11 2013, 9:57 AM BST

It doesn't have to be quite so literal Sootyj :)

Yes it does, our streets maybe full of litter, our empire might be gone and the future queepn of England is a middle class scrubber'
But by God a knob gag, will feature an actual knob.

The line must be drawn.

I do like what you're doing, otherwise I wouldn't have felt compelled to read all 10 pages of this thread straight off (I've only dipped into it up to now) but I get the feeling that there's something not quite right with the tone.

On the plus side, it's not Miranda, but the silly/absurd bits are hogging the scenes and stripping it of any authority - and it needs that authority to make it believable. And the more believable it is, the funnier those silly bits will seem.

By the way, does the "Bigamist Barrister Braced for Borstal After Blundering Bottom Blip" newspaper headline really work? I thought Borstal was for young offenders. You could always use Belmarsh.

I invited you to critique my work, would you like some links?

And other than scraps no ones had a good word to say about your unfunny writings I'm just blunter than most

(Well one exception)

If one person tells you, you stink they're insulting

If everyone tells you, you stink. Have a bath.

Quote: stonked @ August 11 2013, 10:49 AM BST

I do like what you're doing, otherwise I wouldn't have felt compelled to read all 10 pages of this thread straight off (I've only dipped into it up to now) but I get the feeling that there's something not quite right with the tone.

On the plus side, it's not Miranda, but the silly/absurd bits are hogging the scenes and stripping it of any authority - and it needs that authority to make it believable. And the more believable it is, the funnier those silly bits will seem.

By the way, does the "Bigamist Barrister Braced for Borstal After Blundering Bottom Blip" newspaper headline really work? I thought Borstal was for young offenders. You could always use Belmarsh.

Yep, I see that. I tried to be less 'legally' and overcompensated by being overly whacky. I simply didn't trust myself to be naturally funny.

Thanks for reading - it is a bit of a marathon now :)

Snickers.

Quote: Marc P @ August 11 2013, 11:26 AM BST

Snickers.

No need to laugh.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ August 11 2013, 12:46 PM BST

No need to laugh.

:D

Quote: Jennie @ August 11 2013, 9:20 AM BST

I'm glad you liked that. It's my first ever knob gag. They are tricky to come up with without having the benefit of your own to provide inspiration.

I can give you one if you like :)

Quote: Tursiops @ August 10 2013, 10:30 AM BST

If you have a man and a woman as the principal protagonists in a sitcom there has to be an element of sexual tension,

I knew Eric really wanted to shag his sister in Sykes.

Making Charles and Ellie siblings would certainly give another dynamic to the plot.

Have you done a status map?