Outnumbered - Series 5 Page 2

Quote: Dene Kernohan @ October 19 2013, 10:34 AM BST

Isn't there usually a press release by the Beeb when a new series starts filming?

No. This only tends to happen with a brand new series, mostly dramas, that has been super-secret. We've known there'd be an Outnumbered 5 for yonks.

Have to admit to being surprised this is still on TV. I was barely able to watch the first 2 episodes when it aired on BBC America here. Back then I thought this would be 1 and done.

It's a brilliant series, Dice! One of the best comedies in a very long time indeed.

I like the one where they're touring London.

Quote: Aaron @ October 19 2013, 6:12 PM BST

It's a brilliant series, Dice! One of the best comedies in a very long time indeed.

Maybe I should give it another try then.

Quote: Aaron @ October 19 2013, 12:20 PM BST

No. This only tends to happen with a brand new series, mostly dramas, that has been super-secret. We've known there'd be an Outnumbered 5 for yonks.

Outnumbered always has in the past, and it's never been any kind of secret. Here's the one for Series 4:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/pressreleases/stories/2011/03_march/31/outnumbered.shtml

Well, you've a better memory than I. :) Can you find a date for an earlier announcement of Series 4's commission?

Yikes, look at the kids; Ben is about six feet tall. https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/outnumbered/special/series_5_gallery/

Karen looks so different. Ben looks even more like Alan Davies now.
Can't wait for the new series!

Not a *huge* favourite round these parts, I don't think.

Anyway - enjoyed the opener last night. However, time to call it a day as the eldest child is about to leave school. Specials welcome though.

Very, very welcome!
I can see why they're ending it, but I do wish it would go on forever. So the eldest goes off to college? Maybe it's a local one. Or we just concentrate on the younger two for a bit.

Families are always interesting, it doesn't just depend on the age of their kids, or suddenly stop because one of their kids has left school.

There are several people in my circle of friends who have backgrounds that would make classic scripts whether comedy or drama (often both).

Didn't think the opener worked very well, too many of the plot threads didn't pay off. It wasn't funny that the jumper simply got thrown away, Ben's singing inability wasn't mined for laughs , and the tattoo outrage went nowhere.

Why am I not remembering a jumper at all?

'Staticy' zooo?