10 O'Clock Live - Series 3 Page 3

Quote: Jinky @ April 25 2013, 8:54 PM BST

Satire is dead.

Given the 10 O'Clock Live format is virtually indistinguishable from TW3, it seems a shame to deem an entire genre dead on the basis that resurrecting a fifty year old format hasn't been box-office boffo.

My word this was bad last night.

I have this on in the background as it doesn't hold my attention. Why not reformat it, take it down to 30 mins and have a solid show? The panel don't have any chemistry, although I'm sure they're all friends. It's just something to watch when there is nothing else on, which is kinda crap of them.

Get rid of the girl and Jimmy Carr, keep Booker and Mitchell, either get Daisy Donovan or Victoria Coren or someone who can compete and add someone along the lines of Marcus Brigstocke, make it a round up of the week late on Friday with an open remit. If it's working it can carry on, but most of all give it some teeth and make it genuinely satirical.

Quote: Pingl @ May 2 2013, 12:14 PM BST

Daisy Donovan or Victoria Coren

YES!

Does Daisy do anything aside from sarcasm? Coren would be good though.

Quote: zooo @ May 2 2013, 12:24 PM BST

Coren would be good though.

I imagine so.

Quite often in fact.

David Mitchell would see you dead first.

Quote: zooo @ May 2 2013, 12:24 PM BST

Does Daisy do anything aside from sarcasm? Coren would be good though.

She does gorgeous :P

We've already got Charlie for that, we don't need any more eye candy!

Victoria Coren is great but she can't tell a joke to save her life, have you heard her terrible comic timing on "Heresy" on Radio 4?

I have not. But I think in her more recent appearances on HIGNFY and QI etc, she's been very funny. She didn't seem to say much (or was edited out) in her earlier appearances.

She always looks offended by all the jokes but then laughs too, it's like really f**king adorable!

Coren is a very funny woman, when she just starts talking, but she cannot read a gag from an autocue for love nor money: I try to turn on Only Connect just in time to miss her squirmingly awful gags.

She is splendid with a nice line in laconic wit, rather like her late great Father, not only is she intelligent, attractive and funny, but she wouldn't act as just a feed for others' jokes, but give as good as she got.