What DVD are you watching? Page 44

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 4th February 2023, 3:46 PM

I don't know why you are bothering - I gave up watching live, as I think they were making it up as they went along.

ThE end of season 5 , a female character fell down a mine shaft , and punched a nuclear bomb so it exploded

Start of season 6 and she was still alive

The others spent 15 minutes digging her out - where she then promptly died!

Lunacy

A Bit Of Fry & Laurie.

Best
Sketch show
Ever.

Quote: lofthouse @ 7th February 2023, 11:11 AM

A Bit Of Fry & Laurie.

Best
Sketch show
Ever.

I don't know if I'd call it the best, but it definitely had its moments. I particularly enjoyed the different shop sketches ("Mr. Dalliard!") and the one with Stephen as Michael Jackson was daftly memorable.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rvANydQppIo

When he cracks him over the head with the cricket bat 🤣🤣🤣

Quote: lofthouse @ 7th February 2023, 9:10 PM

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rvANydQppIo

When he cracks him over the head with the cricket bat 🤣🤣🤣

Ha, I forgot about that one! Great stuff. Shame it doesn't seem to get repeated nowadays.

Quote: a plate @ 7th February 2023, 9:26 PM

Ha, I forgot about that one! Great stuff. Shame it doesn't seem to get repeated nowadays.

Imagine my surprise when I turned on to Talking Pictures TV recently, and it was halfway through the pilot episode of A Bit of Fry and Laurie! And now they're showing series 1! Less than two weeks after my above post! I put it on to 'record'!

At the moment, I am watching the blu-ray of Being There such a great film, very interesting and funny as well.

Open All Hours.

Featuring Boycie, Vera Duckworth and Nora Ber ber berrrr ber batty

I'm currently watching Are You Being Served, was watching Last Of The Summer Wine earlier.

Still the one - Shania Twain live from Vegas. Oh dear. One for you Herc. I thoroughly recommend it.

League of gentlemen - series 2

I really dislike series 2

It's so unpleasant and yucky

It's all nonce jokes, noses bleeding everywhere, middle aged people having orgies, pop slobbering all over young girls, mickey squirting his spots on burgers

It's just ... unpleasant

And not very funny

Quote: lofthouse @ 7th June 2023, 4:37 PM

League of gentlemen - series 2

I really dislike series 2

It's so unpleasant and yucky

It's all nonce jokes, noses bleeding everywhere, middle aged people having orgies, pop slobbering all over young girls, mickey squirting his spots on burgers

It's just ... unpleasant

And not very funny

Which begs the question, why are you watching a DVD of it? Is it some sort of penance you've set yourself for past misdemeanours?

Not seen it for a few years

I'd forgotten how poor it was...

Series 1 and 3 are great though!

I've just watched The Invention of Lying for the first time.

Quote: Chappers @ 21st June 2023, 10:35 PM

I've just watched The Invention of Lying for the first time.

I don't believe you.