What DVD are you watching? Page 42

The Possession Of Hannah Grace

Continuing with my ITV at 60 box set (Disc 6 of 12), which is a very good (mostly!!) mix of their progs. over the previous 60 years up to 1994, and had forgotten how good The Sweeney was and how much humour there was in it, so am now thinking of getting a box set of them.
The only dog on this Disc 6 though, is Space 1999. I never watched it originally and can see why - muddled story and basically a load of toss. Why people rave about it, is beyond me.

The Sweeny episode ' messenger of the Gods is the best one in my opinion.

Diana Dors is fantastic as the battle axe mother inlaw of soon to be married Lukey.
Even Jack Regan is frightened of her.

Thanks for the tip - I've seen a SH box set for £20, so may well buy that.............

The one on the ITV at 60 box set is "Tomorrow Man", starring John Hurt and George Cole as rival computer experts - what more could you want with those two on board, and the banter between Regan and Carter - SUPERB!

AND anything with Diana Dors in it is going to be good. Very, very sexy lady with a wicked sense of humour and very good actress too!!
Also, according to Bob Monkhouse in his biog. I read many years ago, she threw some VERY naughty parties!!!

Duty Free series 2

A Bit of a Do

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 5th August 2022, 9:40 AM

Thanks for the tip - I've seen a SH box set for £20, so may well buy that.............

Now I see ITV4 are repeating them on a regular basis.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 5th August 2022, 9:15 AM

Continuing with my ITV at 60 box set (Disc 6 of 12), which is a very good (mostly!!) mix of their progs. over the previous 60 years up to 1994, and had forgotten how good The Sweeney was and how much humour there was in it, so am now thinking of getting a box set of them.
The only dog on this Disc 6 though, is Space 1999. I never watched it originally and can see why - muddled story and basically a load of toss. Why people rave about it, is beyond me.

Maya is hot, though.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 7th August 2022, 3:09 PM

Now I see ITV4 are repeating them on a regular basis.

The Sweeney??

ITV4 have been repeating them on a regular basis for about the last 8 years!

It's never off the bloody air

"Cwop wotation in the 14th century was CONSIDERABLY more widespread.."

The 1976 Christmas Special of Happy Ever After, forerunner to Terry & June.

Terry Scott complaining that the stamps for the 120 cards that they are sending cost six and a half pence each.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 12th December 2022, 9:01 PM

The 1976 Christmas Special of Happy Ever After, forerunner to Terry & June.

...and now on to the 1977 Happy Ever After Christmas Special.

Just finished watching the first disc in Series 2 of "Bootsie and Snudge", and am loving it!! Such clean and gentle humour from the pen of Marty Feldman and Barry Took, with masterful performances from Bill Fraser, Alfie Bass and Clive Dunn, with a bit of Robert Dorning.

10/10

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 14th December 2022, 11:07 PM

Just finished watching the first disc in Series 2 of "Bootsie and Snudge", and am loving it!! Such clean and gentle humour from the pen of Marty Feldman and Barry Took, with masterful performances from Bill Fraser, Alfie Bass and Clive Dunn, with a bit of Robert Dorning.

10/10

Bootsie and Snudge are (honestly) before my time and I've never seen it. The same as the Army Game.