Big Brother

Who else is glad that rubbish is over and done with for another year? I used to love Big Brother, I watched every single episode and read all about it on the internet every day but now... there's too many spin-offs and 'live' episodes and twists and turns and weirdos...it's not the same. I've really went off it.

Is anyone else like that? Or does everyone still like it? (If you even liked it in the first place)

I used to like Big Brother, but now it just bores me.

But, I can see the need for Channel 4 to have it. BB gets a very high audience share during the typically low summer months... therefore more ad revenue is generated. This means C4 can use the money made from BB to pump into other, higher quality programmes... such as comedy, sitcoms, documentary. I get the impression that new sitcoms (e.g. the IT crowd) struggle initially to gain a big audience share and can take a few series to build momentum. This is where the money from BB comes in: Like a superhero in a ill fitting costume, it supports the new sitcom until it can survive on its own. :)

This, I believe, is why genius sitcoms like Peep Show can survive despite relatively low audience figures. Sitcoms are integral in building a channel's identity - so even if they do lose bit on direct advertising revenue, at least they're sending out the right message about the channel!

:)

Big Brother. Don't even get me started on Big Brother. Utter, UTTER tripe.

No,No nothing about Big Brother please, Just think of all the Sitcom repeats we could have had if it wasn't for this rubbish clogging up the airwaves.

Barry

Haha, can't argue with that!

*goes to praise Big Brother*
*reads other posts*
*changes mind*

You can if you want... We just won't necessaily agree with you.

Ahem.

Utter rubbish.I've never ever watched BB and never will.A bunch of wannabes willing to do anything to make a name for themselves even if it means demeaning and making a fool of themselves.

Garbage.

If you haven't watched something, your opinion of it don't mean a thing, brother.

(It is rubbish, naturally, but that's beside the point) :)

Watching people making fools of themselves,sleeping,eating,burping etc isn't my forte and it certainly shouldn't take ovr a whole TV channel for a large portion of the year.

You don't need to watch it to know what its about as its rammed down your throat in every form of media.Entertainment?No way jose.

I've just taken your signature personally.

big brother *shudders*

and whats with that spin off thing - princess nikki or whatever? who in their right mind gave her a show?

i would'nt mind it if big brother, had people with personalities, they call this reality t.v, where's the reality, i've never ever seen in a real life situation, people sat around locked in a house, with no communication, having rashions, this might have been reality about 90/60 years ago but it certainly isn't reality now, it's the same with every other show, (i apoligise, i'm not normally a moaning person, but it's when this shite comes along, it gets me angry,)

Quote: Moxy Poron @ November 16, 2006, 5:02 PM

big brother *shudders*

and whats with that spin off thing - princess nikki or whatever? who in their right mind gave her a show?

I saw the trailer for Princess Nikki and one minute of the silly cow whining and acting like a five year old was enough for me. Who in their right mind thinks, what's on TV tonight?..oooohhhh I know, Princess Nikki - thirty minutes of an obviously deeply disturbed young woman shouting 'look at me, love me!!!' whilst members of the public laugh at her. Let's watch that.

I'm so glad people out there feel the same way I do about Big Brother and all the other crap like it. Now I'm getting the jungle celebrity thing rammed down my throat.

And you know what people always say to me? "You're missing out!"

But who is missing out?

Grrrrr.... Rant over!