The Mimic Page 3

The Mimic. Image shows from L to R: Jean (Jo Hartley), Martin Hurdle (Terry Mynott). Copyright: Running Bare Pictures.

The Mimic

Sitcom about a seemingly unremarkable man who in fact conceals an exceptional talent for mimicry

zooo

• Monday 18th March 2013, 4:53pm
  • United Kingdom
  • 69,195 posts

I shall allow 90%. ;)

Nil Putters

• Wednesday 20th March 2013, 10:26pm [Edited]
  • A galaxy far, far away or, England
  • 28,689 posts

Any info on where this was filmed? It looked like part of Bristol I know when they were walking alongside the water.

Mannikin Bird

• Wednesday 20th March 2013, 10:53pm
  • Lower Piddle, England
  • 472 posts

I'm really enjoying this show, very likeable characters and it's nice to see something a bit different but gentle plus I've always been a sucker for a good mimic, throw in a smattering of silver hair at the temples and that's me hooked.

ChadSchofield

• Wednesday 20th March 2013, 11:51pm
  • Stroud, England
  • 11 posts

I love this... instantly likeable, interesting characters. Nothing too obvious but very funny.

Nogget

• Thursday 21st March 2013, 10:04am
  • England
  • 6,620 posts

I enjoyed this week's more, and thought the central character was especially nicely underplayed; but it's still lacking any real story to give it direction, instead just wandering from scene to scene. A bit more conflict might help, too. As heart-warming sitcoms go, it's not up there with the likes of Rev, but it's certainly watchable.

Jowan Mounsey

• Thursday 21st March 2013, 11:33am
  • Bristol, England
  • 175 posts

After seeing the positive response on here I got to check it out.

Nil Putters

• Wednesday 27th March 2013, 10:15pm
  • A galaxy far, far away or, England
  • 28,689 posts

Some of the impressions don't hit the mark, but I'm really starting to like it now. The shopkeeper cracks me up.

zooo

• Wednesday 27th March 2013, 10:20pm
  • United Kingdom
  • 69,195 posts

Occasionally I've not been sure who the impressions are, but 90% of them are ace.
He's a handsome bugger too, isn't he. People who suit grey hair are a mystifying lot.

Off-topic post by Will Cam on Wed 27th Mar 2013, 22:40
Quote: zooo @ March 27 2013, 10:20 PM GMT

Occasionally I've not been sure who the impressions are, but 90% of them are ace.
He's a handsome bugger too, isn't he. People who suit grey hair are a mystifying lot.

I have grey hair and blue eyes Whistling nnocently

Off-topic post by Will Cam on Wed 27th Mar 2013, 22:59
Quote: Nil Putters @ March 27 2013, 10:47 PM GMT

Whippets don't count, Will.

Laughing out loud

Robert Sacamano

• Thursday 28th March 2013, 9:37am [Edited]
  • England
  • 21 posts

This show just keeps getting better IMO. Even if they took out the impressions, they'd still be left a wonderful, character-driven comedy, with Newsagent Neil turning into a neurotic classic character. In Ep3, him going above and beyond when it came to 'protection' was brilliant. :D

Jason Simmons

• Thursday 28th March 2013, 12:29pm [Edited]
  • Kent/London boarders, England
  • 127 posts

I particularly enjoyed last night's episode and it seems to be getting better each week! I really liked when the main character was accused of paedophilia when it was really a picture of himself and I also liked the scene towards the end where Martin brought the woman back to his son's room.

Marooned

• Friday 29th March 2013, 10:26am [Edited]
  • England
  • 623 posts
Quote: Jason Simmons @ March 28 2013, 12:29 PM GMT

I particularly enjoyed last night's episode and it seems to be getting better each week! I really liked when the main character was accused of paedophilia when it was really a picture of himself and I also liked the scene towards the end where Martin brought the woman back to his son's room.

That was Neil. But agreed, it was brilliant. :D

I had to pause for about ten minutes because I couldn't stop cracking up when Neil looks at the picture of his wife and shouts, "Who needs you, you stupid cow!?" Classic awkwardness.

David Bussell

• Friday 29th March 2013, 11:41am
  • London, England
  • 9,943 posts

Thoroughly enjoying this show. It was great seeing Terry make his mark with VIP but he really takes it to the next level in this one.