The Mimic Page 4

This would be a good show even without the mimicking set-pieces (which could get old...) It's slow-paced but the writer seems to know where it's going and the core cast are all sympathetically drawn, and a lot of mileage is made from them trying to *avoid* conflict.

I like the flair for well-timed visual details like the floating Titanic at the end of Ep2 and the drawn-on underpants near the beginning of the last one. It's details like this that go above and beyond the show's underlying sweetness and rather-corny set pieces.

And yeah "who needs you, you stupid cow?" was hilarious.

Saw him interviewed on Alan Carr and he is very similar to David Walliams, especially the laugh.

Excellent. Hope this gets another series, I need to see more Neil, he cracks me up.

Enjoyable enough story, but comedy-wise did very little for me.

Quote: Aaron @ April 11 2013, 7:39 PM BST

Enjoyable enough story, but comedy-wise did very little for me.

I thought the opposite; not much of a story, but an engaging comedy nonetheless.

Brilliant, more please. :)

Again I was expecting this to be rubbish but it's kind of working. It's growing on me, his Ronnie Corbett is rubbish though. :)

His Corbett is great because he swears in it.

I've just realised he must be the one who does Morgan Freeman in those More Than ads. He's jolly good at him.

Quote: zooo @ April 15 2013, 10:55 PM BST

I've just realised he must be the one who does Morgan Freeman in those More Than ads. He's jolly good at him.

As he has actually appeared with his real face and body in those ads in the past, I think you'll find it's actually Morgan Freeman.

Besides, the Morgan Freeman in The Mimic was pretty weak.

Quote: Aaron @ April 15 2013, 10:57 PM BST

As he has actually appeared with his real face and body in those ads in the past, I think you'll find it's actually Morgan Freeman.

Fr srs?
I haven't seen those ones then!

Quote: zooo @ April 15 2013, 10:55 PM BST

No, that was an impersonator named Josh Robert Thompson. I don't know what Aaron's on about.

Well at least we're both wrong.