Refugees from 4Laughs

As I'm completely ignorant about 4Laughs I'm just wondering why loads of members of that site have recently joined BSG.

Was it similar to BSG?

Did 4Laughs promise but not deliver?

I'm just fascinated because everyone seems so critical.

Here's a crazy idea.. I'm still on 4Laughs... and here too.

Yes you CAN be on both, I know. They are not mutually exclusive.

As far as I am concerned 4Laughs didn't promise but because it was sponsored by channel4 it looks like it was promising.

I did and continue to get everything I expect from it to be honest.

I can't speak for everyone but for me, it was due to some recent events that made me just wanna take a break and see other places. I still love 4laughs and think it's amazing (I love my friends there to bits and think Chris and Davina have a hard job thanks to Channel 4) but I thought I would have a nose around here. Also, it gives me somewhere else to bug Slaggy! :D

I realise that - but it seems that obviously this site offers something 4Laughs doesn't. Laughs maybe?

More people online?

And Forum Moderators that are not tied down by loads of Channel 4 coporate rules?

ME!!!

Gasp! Not true David about the laughs! I seen amazing stuff over at 4laughs so that is a little unfair! Everyone is still learning, bless. It's all about baby steps.

I think, in a nutshell, it's the mods. They recently upset a lot of people over a certain post (DON'T GET ME STARTED......Already been down that road......breathe) with their trigger happy deleting so I think it's a case of just enjoying silly things like an edit button and being able to put up links.

Quote: RubyMae - Glamourous Snowdrop at large. @ August 7, 2007, 11:09 PM

Gasp! Not true David about the laughs! I seen amazing stuff over at 4laughs so that is a little unfair! Everyone is still learning, bless. It's all about baby steps.

I think, in a nutshell, it's the mods. They recently people over a certain post (DON'T GET ME STARTED......Already been down that road......breathe) with their trigger happy deleting so I think it's a case of just enjoying silly things like an edit button and being able to put up links.

Excuses excuses it's all about the G-Man lol!!!

Censorship?

We've generally not had that problem. There were a couple of recent incidents here but we got over those.

Quote: Gavin @ August 7, 2007, 11:10 PM

Excuses excuses it's all about the G-Man lol!!!

Hmmmmmm......Rolling eyes

Would this thread be better off in the Writers Discussion forum? Hmmm...

Quote: dannyjb1 @ August 7, 2007, 11:04 PM

tied down by loads of Channel 4 coporate rules?

:D

Mwah, ha, ha, ha ,ha!!!

Whistling nnocently

Please don't be a moderator twisty-pants!

He'll get another beating if he does. *shakes fist in a warning, yet menacing fasion*

Eeeek!

***Hides behind sofa***