Thought I'd introduce myself...

Hello everyone, thought I would say hello as I have been a long time watcher of these forums and today finally decided to sign up :D

A bit about me, I love sitcoms such as BlackAdder, Alan Partridge, Red Dwarf, Fawlty Towers and the like. I also really enjoy the American sitcoms, favourites being Cheers, Sienfeld, Friends (when it wasn't being too lovey dovey) and Frasier. I was also a huge fan of the Simpons up to about season 9 - now days I find it a struggle to watch. And not just because I am at work when its on, though that doesn't help.

My writing history is I started writing sketches really just for fun and my own enjoyment along with my best friend. We wrote some very obscure stuff, and it was great fun. My best friends brother was at University and his media lecturer used to work in comedy for the BBC and took a look over them and gave them generally favourable reviews, but insisted if we wanted to get anywhere we needed to write a sitcom.

We had never tried a sitcom before but being as we had both just been made redundant and had lots of spare time on our hands in the summer of 2005, we spent the next few weeks writing 6 episodes.

The lecturer asked to see them but then demanded that we pay her an agent fee before she would review them back to us. As we both had no job and both had mortgages, we couldn't afford to give her agent money (I should say no hard feelings, it was her time and she had a right to charge for it), so we took the plunge and sent it to the BBC writersoom.

Not too long after (it feels like 6 wks butthat's maybe wrong - too many sleepless nights since then to remember exactly) we got a good positive feedback from them. We took this momentum that we had built up and took it to the next level by doing absolutely nothing...........actually,that's not true, but we both had countless bad times in our lives in between, with realtionship breakups, money trouble, health issues, depression, stress, loss of loved ones, marriage, break ups, marriage, break ups, redundancy, serious liver trouble (him not me so its all good).........which brings us to here, me, on my own.

I have written and then destroyed numerous sketches and sitcoms in the years since 2005, but I have been working on a couple in the last 2 years (sitcoms - not a man and wife) and when finished I will post some in the critique page. My best mate is no longer on board as a writing partner (though he is still my best friend, he just doesn't feel he can write anymore) so its just little (but expanding with every year) me.

Thank you for reading, and thank you the BCG team for a great site, and those that contribute. There I have rambled on long enough. Maybe my friend doesn't want to write with me because he can't get a word in???

Hi Hank...many of your choices are my favourite sitcoms too. Welcome! Wave

Thank you Gordon......by the way love your Avatar, and the show behind it - I was quite young when it was on UK TV. It's only in the last few years I have found out how the ALF ended, and also the unhappy mood on set.

Thanks for your welcome.

Wotcher Wave

Howdy Wave

Welcome to the board!

Thank you Zooooooo, it's nice to be here, officially logged in as a member.

Rather than just viewing as before. I felt like an old man peering over the fence at the teenage girl next door sunbathing. Which is silly really. I'm mean, not old.

Wave Hi & Welcome to BCG!

Hi and welcome Hank Wave

Wave Welcome Hank

Welcome Lurker !

This is one of the great places to be and I hope you enjoy your stay !

Wave :P

Welcome, sir. :)

Thank you all for the warm welcome.............. :D