Bluestone 42 - Series 1 Page 6

I suspect you may be suffering from an unwarranted sense of moral superiority. Hush now.

Quote: faceless @ March 13 2013, 4:46 AM GMT

I see what you mean - they are twice as likely to commit sexual violence as humans are - but no, I'm against them because they're hired thugs who are employed by "civilised country" to kill or disable foreigners for a wage-packet while being treated as valid or even heroic by the idiotic masses.

"Twice as likely"... Well, that's conclusive enough evidence then.

Interesting that you consider non - soldiers who commit sexually violent crimes as human enough though. Is there a crime, in your opinion, that's worse than being a soldier? Or is everything else below that?

( Was it SOME soldiers? )

I just don't know how I'm going to break it to the rest of the family that my step-Dad, Step-Brother, Grandad and Brother-In-Law aren't, in fact, from planet Earth. It's going to be tough. :(

Quote: Matthew Stott @ March 13 2013, 9:01 AM GMT

I just don't know how I'm going to break it to the rest of the family that my step-Dad, Step-Brother, Grandad and Brother-In-Law aren't, in fact, from planet Earth. It's going to be tough. :(

How is anyone going to break it to 'faceless' that, that soldier in the shiny uniform, with all those noisy medals, who 'fixed it' for him to milk a cow while wearing a blindfold - wasn't, in fact, a soldier?

I always knew there was something different about me but couldn't put my finger on it until now.

It's such a relief to find out I'm actually an alien with a propensity for sexual violence who has killed more people than all of terrorism combined.

Wow, thanks faceless.

Looks like all the Tools have fell out of the box today!

Quote: Nigel Ball @ March 13 2013, 9:46 AM GMT

Looks like all the Tools have fell out of the box today!

Eh?

Why are you all attacking me personally? Is it because you've not got a f**king word to say about the points I raised?

Soldiers are hired thugs - they are not funny. They are scum in uniforms.

The soldiers don't need to be funny, they've got some actors in to do that bit...

Maybe you could start a special thread to talk about how evil real soldiers are. This is a thread about a TV show.

Quote: faceless @ March 13 2013, 4:41 PM GMT

Why are you all attacking me personally? Is it because you've not got a f**king word to say about the points I raised?

Wait, so you don't like people in the Army?

No one's going to change your view, but the majority of (UK/European/US) soldiers' active work involves helping communities in crises, delivering food and medical supplies, setting up shelters, building things, protecting communities from insurgents and terrorists and crime lords, that kind of thing. Very mainly humanitarian and security work infact. I'm not sure scum would want to spend most of their time on active duty doing that. I'd say most scum would want to stay out of the army, on their squalid little patch in their selfish little lives, personally.

They don't look for violent thugs to recruit. It seems to be true thay can make some become violent though, which is a worry, and they know this happens. I think you may be seeing some in high spirits at the weekends, they can be a bit rowdy then for sure. When I was out running once, I collapsed, and it was a passing soldier in uniform who came over and assisted me, no one else.

Why are you all attacking me personally?

Because you are being a knob?

People Sleep Peacefully in Their Beds at Night Only Because Rough Men Stand Ready to Do Violence on Their Behalf

George Orwell saying all that needs to be said.

(well that and thousands of brave men have lost their lives so you can be a cock on a forum thread no ones ever going to read)

This continues to be quite enjoyable.

Well I just watched this tonight for the first time and found it quite good really. The right balance between sitcom and reality.

I thought the Captain was Miles Jupp but of course it was Jack Dee's cafe owner mate.