The Security Men Page 5

Shabba. :D

I did Record it though and will watch it again in the future

Me too.

I doubt whether it will get a DVD release. It said on the credits it was filmed in 2011. It took a while for it to get a TV Broadcast!

2011 it took ages to film it didn't it.

I enjoyed it :)

It wasn't as good as I thought it was gonna be and some parts did grate a wee bit but for a one off comedy it amused much more than half the sitcoms that are on of late.

I reckon it will make it to DVD, 4.82 million viewers is pretty good.

Yeah so it must make DVD then.4 million viewers is a lot.

Quote: Nigel Ball @ April 14 2013, 8:58 PM BST

I reckon it will make it to DVD, 4.82 million viewers is pretty good.

Not always Pleased

It is with a show like that.

Quote: David Smith @ April 14 2013, 8:48 PM BST

2011 it took ages to film it didn't it.

Yes. They must have just been waiting for the right time to broadcast it

Quote: G180e @ April 14 2013, 9:20 PM BST

Yes. They must have just been waiting for the right time to broadcast it

Because they couldn't find a one hour slot in their schedules in the past two years?

The basic facts are this was filmed over two years ago and ITV obviously thought it was poor so didn't want to make a series and eventually just chucked it on a random Friday night.

I thought the show was just about passable but the plot was paper thin and the writing pretty lazy.

It was ok but lacked any kind of tension or frustration to drive the comedy.

Who was the best in this?

Caroline Aherne is taking the piss.

She used to write (co-write) the Royle Family, and for a season or two it was top class - witty, observant, sharp. Then it went downhill, culminating in those dreadful Christmas specials, which were simply compilations of any 'good' bits from the previous year - in fact the succeeding Christmas specials were the 'good' bits from PREVIOUS Christmas specials.

Now, she churns out formulaic stuff like this, gets tens of thousands of pounds for writing/directing, and laughs her socks off all the way to the bank.

A bit like Tracey Emin and her tat.

Why do we put up with being insulted by the likes of them?

Allen.