Hello from Hamburg!

Hi there - I'm a big comedy fan from all eras. Of course there are too many shows to name but some favourites include Jam, Porridge, Fawlty Towers, Only Fools and Horses, One Foot in the Grave, Steptoe, Alan Partridge, Blackadder, Brass Eye, Father Ted etc etc etc.

In my spare time I do a podcast with a mate from Manchester who's also living here in Germany where we just chat about whatever crops up (link in the "www" thing just below - hint hint).

So yeah, hello!

Welcome, Michael. :)

Your name is like that silly-door-opening-slidey-man-with-the-goofy-hair-do.

Hello! Wave

Hello,
vot ees yoor nationality, are you Deutsch or Eenglish?

Welcome! ;)

Quote: Lee @ February 11 2013, 5:19 PM GMT

Your name is like that silly-door-opening-slidey-man-with-the-goofy-hair-do.

Hello! Wave

Yeah, it makes it pretty hard for anyone to find me in Google (which I guess is a good thing).

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ February 11 2013, 5:34 PM GMT

Hello,
vot ees yoor nationality, are you Deutsch or Eenglish?

Welcome! ;)

I'm English but my German girlfriend dragged me out to live with her in Hamburg. How about you? Schweizer or an ex-pat?

I'm a Swiss (from the German speaking part of Switzerland) who likes British comedy and the English language.

So are we allowed to speak a little German here or is that against the forum rules? ;)

I'd object more to French.

I think only French is banned from this site...but ask Aaron to make sure. ;)

I don't know if you're interested in (German) football but the coach of your HSV was the coach of my FC Basel before he went to Hamburg. Stop stealing our good men...ihr Schweinehunde! Angry :D

Quote: Aaron @ February 12 2013, 3:30 PM GMT

I'd object more to French.

EDIT: I seem to know how Aaron's mind works.

Yeah he seems to be doing a decent job, though it's not so easy to crack the top 3 to get into the Champions League. Wasn't Fink the manager of Basel when they did one over on Man Utd? Fair play to the man!

I've still not really been able to get into the football over here. I guess it's because I don't really have a team to support - been to see HSV quite a few times and St Pauli once... the atmosphere at St Pauli was superb but the quality is lacking!

It's easier to stick to being an armchair fan, watching the Premiership on Sky ;)

Quote: Michael Richards @ February 13 2013, 4:12 PM GMT

Wasn't Fink the manager of Basel when they did one over on Man Utd? Fair play to the man!

Fink started that season as coach but had to leave shortly before this great match when the club learned about his new contract with HSV.
It was the biggest international moment of my FC Basel. Reaching the 1/8 finals of the Champions League by kicking out such a big name at the same time. And Fink is the man behind that success.

Let's hope the HSV will kick some Bavarian asses. :D

Wave Welcome to BCG!!!

Welcome Micahael.