What are you watching on TV? Page 2,041

Same here. I laughed and wondered who is this idiot trying to be Tim Roth? Oh...

Quote: zooo @ 18th August 2015, 9:50 PM BST

Same here. I laughed and wondered who is this idiot trying to be Tim Roth? Oh...

:D

Yeah, I thought of you. Remembered that, like me, you're a fan of his dad. Actually, he grew on me, though haven't watched the last episode yet, so no Spoilers please.

My memory's so bad I can't even remember! Know it was good though.

Currently Masters of Sex series 2 on Amazon Fire thingy. Watched about 7 episodes in the last 2 days. Very well written and acted with a fair few boobies to boot!

When Jack was a bit younger -

He's done quite a lot of stuff, inc. Great Expectations which I watched, but I didn't clock then who he was.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2516193/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Finally got round to watching "Telstar - The Joe Meek Story" that I had put onto DVD some months ago, and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Joe Meek was a man I knew little about despite the fact that he was of my era with many mega hits he wrote and produced during the early 60s, most notably "Telstar" which was a massive hit.
An English Phil Spector if you like and even more remarkable for the fact that all this big sound he produced was on basic recording equipment in his flat that was over a leather goods shop in Holloway Road, London.

A flawed genius (aren't they always?) played superbly by Con O'Neill with excellent support cast including Kevin Spacey who effected a remarkably good English accent as a retired Army officer who financed Meeks.

What also surprised me was the number of session musicians that came out his stable to go onto huge fame later in life and the number of then unknown artists he worked with, too numerous to list here so have posted a link below.

His life ended in a terrible double tragedy. If it ever comes on TV again I highly recommend you see it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Meek#304_Holloway_Road

I'm the same Herc.

A big name of the time without knowing anything really about him.

I love animals and hate cruelty to them.

however I love the American Dad where Kisses the dog gets so badly injured that Stan takes him to a woman who puts him back together again.

I piss myself laughing every time I see this episode.

Quote: Chappers @ 19th August 2015, 11:36 PM BST

I'm the same Herc.

A big name of the time without knowing anything really about him.

What was interesting was the number of people who were in the film not only portrayed but also playing cameos roles, not that I noticed them particularly but that may have been that their scene had been cut for television.

Chas Hodges - played grumpy neighbour fed up of the noise (spotted him - his wife Joan also had a part)

Jess Conrad - played Larry Parnes

Clem Cattini - played a chauffeur

John Leyton - played friend of the Major

Mike Sarne - played backstage manager

Also appearing were Jack Roth (see above), Justin Hawkins (played Screaming Lord Sutch) and Marcus Brigstocke and Jimmy Carr!

Yes, a film well worth seeing of this ground breaking early 60s period in British pop history.

Just saw Ringo Starr advertising shoes. Bloody hell. Obviously things Don't Come Easy.

Quote: Chappers @ 20th August 2015, 7:57 PM BST

Just saw Ringo Starr advertising shoes. Bloody hell. Obviously things Don't Come Easy.

Orthopedic shoes?

Don't tell the bride, with the biggest arsehole ever.

Quote: sootyj @ 20th August 2015, 8:41 PM BST

Is it the skating twat?

Quote: George Kaplan @ 19th August 2015, 12:23 AM BST

He's done quite a lot of stuff, inc. Great Expectations which I watched, but I didn't clock then who he was.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2516193/?ref_=nv_sr_1

I need to see a pic of a teenage Tim Roth, to see if that really is his son, or if he has just travelled through time.

Quote: sootyj @ 20th August 2015, 8:41 PM BST

Is that one of the Kardashians?

I was watching a documentary on BBC4 about quantum physics
But I stopped watching in case I changed the outcome