What are you watching on TV? Page 1,739

Me too.

Bit sad at the beginning. :(

Not that sad. He had ginger hair. Although I like the idea we could one day create a Chip App Man from my BCG comments alone.

If there is it'll be made of satsumas and large breasted Nuts models.

That was thoroughly depressing.

Awesome proper SciFi

Awesome proper SciFi

Quote: Nil Putters @ February 11 2013, 11:03 PM GMT

If there is it'll be made of satsumas and large breasted Nuts models.

:D Overall not bad, but it did feel like a half hour script stretched to an hour.

It was okay, pretty grim though. I liked the message but agree with The Chipster that it felt stretched.

Nashville-slick melodrama with a great performance from Hayden Heroes cheerleader girl as an ambitious young pop/country singer and an older rival who doesn't like her on any level. Legendary T Bone Burnett oversees the music. Well worth a look even if Country music is not your bag.

Black Mirror was great, but I felt like it maybe lost it a little at the end? Felt like it ended a bit weakly.
I'm glad Ash didn't go all Hal 9000 or Pet Semetery on her though.

Either way, I felt all wrong going on my phone and checking Twitter in the adverts.

Quote: zooo @ February 12 2013, 10:36 AM GMT

Black Mirror was great, but I felt like it maybe lost it a little at the end? Felt like it ended a bit weakly.
I'm glad Ash didn't go all Hal 9000 or Pet Semetery on her though.

Yeah, it's good it didn't go the obvious route. The really interesting stuff was how she got on with App Man but it was crammed into the very last bit of the show. They should have explored that more fully.

And I didn't really understand why she didn't just send him back, rather than try to get him to jump off a cliff (unless she was just demonstrating that he wasn't realistic enough to refuse - I got a bit confused at that bit).

But it was brilliantly creepy when he arrived in the box, and she had to wait for him to activate. Shudder.

I'm glad the friend or sister wasn't also a replicant and/or they were having an affair with Ash blah blah.

It had shades of Frankenstein and worked as a creepy dig at the arseholes who profit from grief.

Black Mirror disappointed. It was a very slight idea dealt with in an uninteresting way, and while it's brave to attempt something which takes time to unfold, this just felt dreary; in fact the first 10 minutes could have been cut entirely. Also, while Brooker is clearly a great talent when he plays to his strengths, these don't include touchy feely stuff like romance and bereavement.
Some of the acting was cringey too, like the "she reaches slowly towards the computer screen" stuff, or "she crept slowly up the stairs'"

The few jokey lines were well pitched though. Stick to your style of comedy Mr Brooker, you're uniquely gifted in that area.

I enjoyed Black Mirror, though I agree that it seemed to just tail off. I think they could have pushed the idea about autonomy quite a bit further. I thought the scene at the wake was so perfect, and the scene with her growing worry culminating in the red and blue lights confirming her fears was excellent.

Yeah that bit was great. Although I hated it as it was too realistic. Whenever anyone is more than half an hour late I become utterly convinced they've been crushed by a bus or something.

Streak! The Man Who Can't Keep His Clothes On. There's something a bit creepy and aggressive about people obsessed with showing you their naked bodies.