What are you watching on TV? Page 1,710

Cheggers Ice dancing to the theme from the Omen

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ January 5 2013, 9:17 PM GMT

I thought that was odd too, what was wrong with the usual wine or shampoo? The show was a bit like 'old comedy meets new comedy' to me or even the Stan Boardman v wassisname contest both trying to out comedy the other. Stan was doing great until it was his turn and he dressed up as Ken Dodd, a cringey move in the worst uncool manner of old scholl comedy after his quickfire old jokes I thought outdid Angelos' amusing but ambitious hit and miss comedy dinner routine.

The guy behind Angelos reminds a bit of perfectionist Steve Coogan, working hard on his character but fogetting about the quality of punchlines. With Stan it was terrible characterisation and acting but the old jokes still hit home. Like I say it was like 'old comedy takes on new comedy'. Fascinating. Should have taped it!

Angelos was ace Boardman was very engaging but the jokes were just awful
The other 2 comics were utterly worthless

I did like angelos flirting with the geisha

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ January 6 2013, 8:49 PM GMT

Cheggers Ice dancing to the theme from the Omen

:O

That's what nightmares are made of.

The Iron Lady. There's a bit too much focus on old mad hallucinating Maggie and not enough on her actual life.

I think you'll find she was a mad hallucinating bitch for her entire career

:)

Quote: lofthouse @ January 6 2013, 9:22 PM GMT

This.

[/BenElton]

But you wouldn't make a film about Ghengis Khan and then have most of it with Ghengis as a dotty pensioner talking to his dead wife.

As I believe GK at atleast one of his wives, that would be freaking hilarious.

nb the film is a beautifully made, brilliantly acted utter waste of time.

Who gives a f**k that in her latter years she was senile.

Her earlier career good or bad was the thing of legend.

Quote: lofthouse @ January 6 2013, 9:22 PM GMT

Ditto plus 'self-obsessed' (hallucinating bitch). The more I watch, the more I know I'm right to hate her. But Karma.

Jim Broadbent is funny though.

Not seen it myself

Has it been 'americanized'?

For example , during the Brighton bomb scene, does Maggie dual wield Uzis and have a shoot out on the roof of the hotel with Irish terrorists?

Cos that would rule

Boring and idiotic, why do we allow foreigners to paw and dribble over our history. Good or bad Thatcher was a far more pivotal and infuential figure then any of their worthless presidents.

Most Haunted. Yvette Fielding's done well for herself since Blue Peter. She's built an entire career on made up supernatural bullshit.