The Wright Way Page 2

Oh thanks Aaron is there a way we can watch a preview too?

I'm afraid not, no.

But we won't have to wait long though I am so excited one of the best BBC recent sitcoms. Might be best sitcom of 2013?

Journalists are always sniffy in their superior sort of way and they've already turned all snotty-nosed about it. Weird scheduling, though, it's like the BBC don't want to have hits.

I'm excited for it as Grimm was a real highlight of The Thin Blue Line. This sort of almost-spin-off reminds me of Geoffrey Palmer's character in Reggie Perrin being in his own show Fairly Secret Army. Though I don't know why they don't just call him Grimm - perhaps for those who didn't see TTBL?

If they didn't like this I just won't understand why.

Looks decent. But critics don't seem keen but I don't let them put me off!

Quote: Dave @ April 22 2013, 7:45 PM BST

Though I don't know why they don't just call him Grimm - perhaps for those who didn't see TTBL?

Because it's not the same character.

I hope they order a Christmas special if it goes well. How many viewers do you think it should attract?

Yikes, this looks like it's getting savaged. I just saw a bunch of critics taking the piss on Twitter, too. Will give it a look though.

Quote: David Smith @ April 22 2013, 8:52 PM BST

I.How many viewers do you think it should attract?

Between none and all of them.

Quote: David Smith @ April 22 2013, 7:48 PM BST

If they didn't like this I just won't understand why.

Forgive me David, but you haven't seen it yet have you?

Quote: Aaron @ April 22 2013, 8:51 PM BST

Because it's not the same character.

He is in all but name. That's my point.

Quote: Dave @ April 22 2013, 10:07 PM BST

He is in all but name. That's my point.

He's not. That's my point. :)

In all seriousness, he's a very similar character to Grim (I think we'd all be surprised if he wasn't), but not identical.

David Haig was on The One Show last night talking about it.

Quote: Aaron @ April 22 2013, 10:15 PM BST

He's not. That's my point. :)

In all seriousness, he's a very similar character to Grim (I think we'd all be surprised if he wasn't), but not identical.

SOunds good to me.

Quote: Aaron @ April 22 2013, 6:14 PM BST

I've just previewed the first episode. I think it safe to say that if you hated The Thin Blue Line, don't bother - but if you loved it, then you're almost certain to enjoy The Wright Way. It's very much in the same vein; similar in tone, style and humour.

Personally, I laughed my head off.

And that'll do for me :)