Birmingham Meet-Up Early Jan?

Hi All,

We (Ponderer and I) are hoping to organise a Midlands "Post-Christmas Drinks" in Birmingham in early January.

If you frequent 'Writing Opportunites' you may know that we have been trying to start a Writer's Group for Midlands people here:

https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/24979/

I have sent an email invite to everyone who has contacted us previously about that group but as this is more of a meet, drinks and chat type of a thing I thought 'General Discussion' would be more appropriate this time.

EDITED to show actual date, time and location.

Tuesday 8th January 2013

Location - The Old Fox Theatre Pub opposite the Hippodrome (54 Hurst Street, Birmingham, West Midlands B5 4TD).

Time - 7.30pm

If you're interested in coming along, please drop me a quick PM (Private Message) to let me know.

Ideally it'd be good to set a firm date in the next few days, to give people time to make travel arrangements but obviously I'm posting this at 1am on New Year's Eve sooooooo... Whistling nnocently

Hope you've all had a wonderful Christmas, and look forward to maybe meeting some of you in the New Year. :)

I'll just add that all are welcome, not just people thinking about joining our Writing Group, we just thought it'd be nice to organise a Midlands-based thing.

I should also say that I've used "organise" in the loosest possible sense...

Wednesday 9th is out but I can try for the others

Cheers Sooty.

Accepts his well earned applause

Great idea. I'm sure some people will love this. Unfortunately - bit far for me to come.

No worries, thanks L.E.

I'm now in the midlands but that week is out for me. First week of schools being back means I'm being a head chopping git left right and centre.

Quote: bigfella @ December 31 2012, 10:45 PM GMT

I'm now in the midlands but that week is out for me. First week of schools being back means I'm being a head chopping git left right and centre.

Welcome to the sunny Midlands BF! Head chopping git? Historical reconstruction? Or have you become embroiled somehow in Headteacher dismissals?

Sorry we won't see you this time, if this goes well we may try it again, I'll keep you posted.

Can I be added to email list please.. I had messages ponderer as well.
Cheers

Pete

Hi Pete

Address added - private messaged you too.

I'll be posting a firm date for the drinks shortly, just waiting to hear back from one person.

DH

Hey! I happen to be in Birmingham on a fairly frequent basis and I'd be interested in meeting up if comedy writing is on the agenda? Thursday 10th January would certainly be the best date for me :D x

Hi All,

From a collation of the responses so far, the preferred date is Tuesday 8th January, with about 5 or 6 of us being able to make it at this point, so we'll go with that.

I'll send an email to all those who've responded shortly but to confirm and for anyone else interested:-

Date: Tuesday 8th January 2013

Location - The Old Fox Theatre Pub opposite the Hippodrome (54 Hurst Street, Birmingham, West Midlands B5 4TD).

Time - 7.30pm (I'll probably be there from 7.20 as my train gets in at ten past) I'll put a sign on the table "BCG" so you can find us.

Hope to see as many of you there as possible.

DH

Ben - sorry we chose Tuesday as it was more popular in the end. If you can still make it that would be great, if not, PM me your email address and I'll add you to the list for our monthly (Comedy) Writers Group in case you can make one of those.

Thank you for all the replies, so far I have 5 'yes's, 4 'hopefully's and 3 'no's.

I've edited the original post to show the definite date, time and location now, January 8th, 7.30pm, The Old Fox Theatre Pub (full address above).

Sorry clashes with LCW so I'm oot.

No problem Sooty, it's a long way to come anyway, but thanks for thinking of us.