Pramface - Series 2 Page 2

Well I managed to completely miss this latest series. Going to start watching it this weekend. Was there little advertising? I only saw a brief ad for it the other day. Not much chat on here either...

I don't think many people here are really in its target audience. See also Two Pints etc.

I watched it however, and rather enjoyed it. It's an odd sitcom in that I really don't find it particularly funny at all. It has its moments, but I'm not exactly sat chuckling for half an hour. But as with Series 1, I found the storyline and characters very engaging. Jamie and Laura's relationship is incredibly sweet, and interesting to watch change and conflict each week.

I hope there's a third series as I'd like to see where they go, but I can't help feeling that Threesome is doing the broad 'unexpected baby' theme more successfully but with far less acclaim.

Quote: Aaron @ February 22 2013, 7:54 PM GMT

I don't think many people here are really in its target audience. See also Two Pints etc.

I watched it however, and rather enjoyed it. It's an odd sitcom in that I really don't find it particularly funny at all. It has its moments, but I'm not exactly sat chuckling for half an hour. But as with Series 1, I found the storyline and characters very engaging. Jamie and Laura's relationship is incredibly sweet, and interesting to watch change and conflict each week.

I hope there's a third series as I'd like to see where they go, but I can't help feeling that Threesome is doing the broad 'unexpected baby' theme more successfully but with far less acclaim.

I watched all of Series 1 last year but I have got to be truthful I didn't even glance at Series 2 as I'm just not really interested in it that much, really? :|

I really enjoyed, lots of likeable and funny characters.

Not hilarious but definitely enough funny bits to keep it going.

I actually thought it was a bit different to that type of BBC Three sitcom. It was youthcentric obviously, but not in a way that alienated people outside the age group of the characters.

This.

Quote: Ben @ February 22 2013, 11:30 PM GMT

I actually thought it was a bit different to that type of BBC Three sitcom. It was youthcentric obviously, but not in a way that alienated people outside the age group of the characters.

True. But a show can still fail to engage outside its target audience, without actively turning people against it. That is, I feel, what happened with Pramface.