Living in a f**k off dream world.

Firstly fankoo to all that added to my little dream world. It is sooooooooooooooooooo nice to feel important. I have realised tonight that I am not really all that in important- ness..
It is hard to contemplate, that your life on earth is meaningless. Especially if you have a big ego. Which lets face it. If you are on here you do!!!
I grew up thinking one way, yet living another. It is very difficult to realise that you are well lets say it AVERAGE!!!

Average.
Living life in the same way as most others.

I have my little opinions. I have my little ways. As do we all.
I am not important. I am you, them, they their & those.
Hard to take in, but I am.

The BSG has been great. If a little thwarted (Is that spelt right) at times.
Not quite the same as when I first started but hey. Shit changes.

I am tired of trying to be this or that.
We have one shot at life. There is no take two in this. I just really want to be happy. Dreaming is not life.
I wish everyone on here the very very best.
Many kisses.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxx
xxx.
Gawd my lips hurt.
Take care.
xxxxxxx
Charley.
x

? Did I miss something?

Charley, it's a shame you feel this way. It won't be the same without you on here and I hope you remember this is a sitcom/social forum, before it's a writers forum, so you can still "hang around".

I don't think your dreams are pointless, even if you start with little easier to accomplish ones, you already did one, by deciding to sit down and start writing.

Just because the chances of having a sitcom commissioned are so small, doesn't mean the other areas of comedy can't be tackled and taken on, you never know, it may be a better path?

Use this time away from the boards to cool down and experience different things and try coming back soon with a fresh mind and enthusiasm for writing & comedy.

Well anyway, I'll miss the Charlisms,

Best Wishes ;)

Leevil

x

Quote: Gavin @ August 3, 2007, 1:00 AM

? Did I miss something?

I certainly missed something. Sorry to see your post Charley but as the late great Bill Hicks said 'Its just a ride.'

Teary Don't go hun.

And Charley, no one ever, ever, ever, in the whole history of anything could call you average. You are fabulous, laugh out loud funny, entertaining, kind, shocking(but in a good creative kind of way!) and I really admire the way you stand up for what you believe in, plus heaps and heaps of other great stuff. There's no one like you Charley, you're a one off.

But what some won't realise is that you have a big heart and are really supportive behind the scenes. When I first joined, whenever someone gave me some stick, you were always first on the PM and that really, really helped.

I'll miss the Merlot spitting moments. You made me cry with laughter yesterday, you know the one... and it took ages to stop too! Oh and as Leevil's said the Charleyisms...

It's OK to have dreams and ambitions, no one can take them away.

Luv, Jude

xxxx

P.S. Please come back.

That reads like a suicide note. I hope she hasn't killed herself because I still think she's quite hot and it's nice having a quite hot female on the forum (it makes a change from the vast majority of BSG users, who are probably anti-social smelly young men writing Blackadder clones in their basements).

Quote: chipolata @ August 3, 2007, 10:21 AM

it makes a change from the vast majority of BSG users, who are probably anti-social smelly young men writing Blackadder clones in their basements.

That's Leevil accounted for but where's David Chapman in that? :P

Charley, come back. :(

Charley, I don't know you but, for me, it's not about 'making it' it's about creating stuff...

I will carry on creating stuff til I drop dead whether there is any commercial success or not...

Dreams about 'making it' are what we all have and some people who have 'made it' are very average indeed!

The guys who write Hyperdrive for example... !

Peace, m8!

Frankie xxx

:)

if i may quote the boss 'is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse?'

Don't go Charley!

Don't go Charley, you're one of my favourites.

:(

Charley how drunk were you when you wrote this? Firstly, you mustn't leave us. Secondly, I feel exactly like you do but reading this has made me change my mind. Why (cue 80s style power ballad-style music)? Because in life you have no choice but to move forward. To quote Gordon Ramsay, 'It's a f**king treadmill.' So, what if you keep getting rejected? If you carry on and share your ideas etc who knows what might come of it? If it's not a commision, then it could be the feeling that you have a rewarding hobby. It could even do something like precipitate a positive change in the direction of your life.
Cue turgid chorus of 80s power ballad. xx

Who's Charley?

Quote: ContainsNuts @ August 3, 2007, 2:21 PM

Who's Charley?

A perfume from the 70's?

I would just like to say there are 1 million and 1 (exactly) stories that show people realising their dreams at all different time sin their life. I mean the JK Rowling story is pretty incredible, sitting in a cafe writing stuff that no one wanted. Sounds familiar?

I'm not saying we are all JK Rowlings, that is impossible and of course illegal. But if she gave up at anytime along that road then the whole world wouldn't know about the unforgettable Daniel Radcliffe books (played wonderfully in the films by Harry Potter).

Personally, I think dreams are what get people through life, I would hate not to have one. Even if I was successful, I would hope to still have other dreams. I don't think I have a big ego, i think we are all important and different.

To use a very technical Psychological term: it sounds like someone made you feel like shit. F**k em. Not literally. Unless you want to. Peace out.

Well if a girls gotta go, a girls gotta go but even so, I hope she changes her mind and comes back soon.