Green Wing Appreciation Thread

Come join me in showing your appreciation of the greatness that is Green Wing :D That show is amazing, great script, great acting and just over all...er, greatness lol. I can never decide what I like the best, the surrealness or the more serious stuff.

So come on! Who likes Green Wing, and why?

I love Green Wing, and like you, I don't know quite why. A brilliant show. :)

Green Wing is excellent. Dizzi1 wrote ' great script, great acting and just over all...er, greatness lol.' I couldn't have put it better myself.

I think that "Green Wing" is the best sitcom written so far in the 21st century, mind you as there are still 94 years to go, there may be better shows to come.

I love for many reasons. I love it because of the scale of the programme. Hour-long episodes, 13 regular characters, 8 writers!

The editing style, speeding up and slowing down footage gives it a sharper edge.

The characters range greatly, from Caroline and Mac who are quite realistic, to Alan and Sue who are completely of the wall.

I love the style of the show, an eligant sitcom/sketch/hospital soap opera cross, with no medical story lines.

I like the running-gags, such as Alan's relationship with Joanna, Caroline's bad luck, and the great sport that is Guyball.

I also love the actors in the show, mainly Tamsin Greig, but their all great, espcially when you consider that some of the scene are improvised.

Improvised? I swear an interview right here on this very site said that it was pretty tightly scripted! Oh well, either way, the show is still genius. :)

There was parts that were tightly scripted yeah (they didn't pay the writers for nothing) but there were sections left open for the cast to try things out (e.g. Guy walking into Sue's office with the kid was entirely improvised on the spot).

Aha, ok, that makes sense!

I never knew about the improvisation either. As mentioned above, I thought the show was tightly scripted. One thing that is for certain though, is that it's genius! Laughing out loud

The episodes were written, then the cast improvised with the scripts, then the writers re wrote completely, using all the improvised stuff that worked well. At least that's what I've read.

It's definitely one of my favourite sitcoms. I wish they were making more! but I'm happy about the special.

I love Green Wing for the flimsy yet lovely storyline, which keeps me oh-so-gripped, and for the sheer surreal nature of the comedy! and of course for mac...and guy...and boycey!

Rââââh...

*____*

Je suis devenue faaaaaaan !!!!
Comment ne pas être morte de rire à chaque épisode ? Comment ne pas être dérouté par toutes les péripéties qui se succèdent les une après les autres, entre loufoqueries et annecdotes sérieuses ?
Bon, je ne comprend pas tout vu que je suis française et que je regarde la série SANS sous-titres mais c'est un bon entrainement... ^_____^

J'adore.

Pitié qu'ils fassent une TROISIEME saisonnnnnnnn !!!!! *beuhaaaaa*

it should be je l'adore, surely? lol

No French in my gaff! *bangs fist on desk*

In all seriousness though, I have NO idea what any of that said.
*opens translator site*
Erm... Yeah. Funny indeed! :)

(Still not that much the wiser.)

To Scatterbrained Floozy -->> No no, it's "J'adore" ^^. I can also say "Je l'adore" but especialy for Mac... *héhé* I wrote "J'adore" because it's global.

A translation ?
Yeah sorry I'm not english so... for me it's more simple writing in french ! ^____^
I wrote that I became really fan of 'Green Wing'. It make me laughing but I don't understand all the subtilities (?? *loool*) because I watch it in VO without subtitles so... And at the end I said that I want they make THE third saison !
(sorry for the faults *ahem*)

SiLiCe, my French is a bit rusty but I understood most of your post. And your English is better than some of the native speakers who have visited this site in recent weeks. :D