Careers on the slide? Page 2

I'll point out at this, err, point, that I personally like him. Whether he did it or not.

*gives Aaron a cake*
(only nice people get cake)

:)

*shares some of the cake back with zooo*

No, I don't like it, that's why I gave it to you... ;)

I really like People Like Us and the tv show ;)

Quote: zooo @ July 30, 2007, 10:47 PM

No, I don't like it, that's why I gave it to you... ;)

Bitch! I was only trying to spare your feelings anyway. I don't like cake. :P

Laughing out loud

Vic and Bob. God knows what Bob's up to now, but Vic seems solidified in his new career as Sky presenter. Then again, if Catterick was anything to go by, thank god their careers have gone tits up.

Quote: Jason Kindred @ August 16, 2007, 2:54 PM

Then again, if Catterick was anything to go by, thank god their careers have gone tits up.

Well said.

Frank Skinner. He always was a right pillock.

And, dare I say it, Petter Kay. Now, when it comes to his stand-up, I'm his biggest fan. Loved Live at the Top of the Tower and Bolton Albert Halls. Max and Paddy had it's moments. But what I'm saying is, every time he appears on The Paul O'Grady show he's always dressed as something - first a nun, then a Christmas tree and then a chicken. It's almost as if he's relying on the costumes and he has no more jokes to tell. He's touring again in 2009-2010 so we'll have to wait and see.

I quite like Skinner, especially that sitcom he did on Channel 4 all those years ago (Blue Heaven?). And I think his chat show has thrown up some generally memorable moments (Tara Palmer Tompkinson off her tits on some substance or other). That sitcom where he was a taxi driver did send him sliding down in my estimation, though.

As for Peter Kay, I think he's been on a steady decline since That Peter Kay thing. Phoenix Nights was overarrated, and Max and Paddy was dire. That said, isn't his non-fiction book the best selling non-fiction title of all time in this country?

Quote: chipolata @ August 22, 2007, 10:21 AM

I quite like Skinner, especially that sitcom he did on Channel 4 all those years ago (Blue Heaven?).

You liked that? Well I guess someone had to... I just found it depressing, to be honest.

Baddiel and Skinner Unplanned I always found very funny.

The ones from The League Of Gentlemen seem to be in a lot of duff stuff.

Like what?

Do you mean when they have little bit parts of acting? They are always turning up in Miss Marple... Errr

But their careers are NOT on the slide.
Mark's a bloody renaissance man, and the other two have been busy acting lead roles in massive west end theatre hits.

Angry
*grump*