Never Mind The Buzzcocks - Series 26 Page 2

I loved the episode presented by Adam Buxton. The games he did were ace.

Quote: reds @ October 17 2012, 11:52 AM BST

There used to be a Australian "version" of this. The first and last rounds were always the same game but the ones in the middle were rotated slightly. It made it feel a bit different each week.

It was called Spicks and Specks. It doesn't air anymore, but the reason why they had different game rounds for each episode was cause it aired throughout the entire year, every year - not like Buzzcocks, which airs for twelve episodes or so and then stops for a while..

As for me, I'm liking the new series. People complain about the guest hosting, but I don't mind it actually, I think it works pretty well. It does a good job at keeping the show fresh, at least; the only downside is when they have a bad guest host - and that does happen occasionally. Still though, even then, Noel and Phil and the guests usually do their best to keep the show interesting. If they do introduce a new permanent host, I say don't bring back Amstell. Get someone knew who will add a whole new feeling to the show.

Quote: Stephen @ October 23 2012, 8:42 AM BST

It was called Spicks and Specks. It doesn't air anymore, but the reason why they had different game rounds for each episode was cause it aired throughout the entire year, every year - not like Buzzcocks, which airs for twelve episodes or so and then stops for a while..

As for me, I'm liking the new series. People complain about the guest hosting, but I don't mind it actually, I think it works pretty well. It does a good job at keeping the show fresh, at least; the only downside is when they have a bad guest host - and that does happen occasionally. Still though, even then, Noel and Phil and the guests usually do their best to keep the show interesting. If they do introduce a new permanent host, I say don't bring back Amstell. Get someone knew who will add a whole new feeling to the show.

Maybe Adam Hills* could do it.

*Hills hosted Spicks and Specks.

That last episode definitely seemed the best one in the series so far, everyone was on fire (apart from that one guy who didn't say anything). Hope Barbara is the host next week.

I've been loving the new series, all the guest hosts have been brilliant, especially enjoyed their entrances. Loved Ne-Yo this week, he seemed a bit confused with it all but just went with it and looked like he was totally into it.

They seem to have spent a bit more money on the production this series, and it shows.

There's an American version coming out called 'Never Mind the Buzcocksuckers'

Quote: Akawanka @ November 1 2012, 2:31 AM GMT

There's an American version coming out called 'Never Mind the Buzcocksuckers'

Sounds like a typical FOX Network show.

I thought the episode was great. Ne Yo seemed to sort of just fit in well even though he didn't get many of the jokes. Also, David O'Doherty's joke about Vanilla Ice being "Shot in the dignity" was brilliant, one of my favourite Buzzcocks moments this series.

Just caught up with this episode, Ne-Yo done well. Stacey Solomon always good entertainment too. Massively looking forward to Richard Ayoade next week!

This episode available til 1.29am Monday

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01nr497/Never_Mind_the_Buzzcocks_Series_26_Episode_6/

I though Richard Ayoade made an excellent host who was funny and on the ball.

Quote: Nil Putters @ November 12 2012, 10:18 PM GMT

Ayoade is the tits.

He was absolutely terrible.

Quote: Aaron @ November 12 2012, 10:42 PM GMT

He was absolutely terrible.

Oh no I agree with Aaron Angry

Has anyone ever seen Matthew Stott's stand-up? He's meant to be good, but he's been rubbish both times I've seen him on Buzzcocks.

Ayoade was great as always. Didn't think much of Crosby though, he didn't add much.