Movies / Television vs Real Life Page 8

If someone is called Tim they are a public schoolboy, a small child, a mummy's boy or covered in fur. Never a salt of the earth, ruggedly handsome sex god, like in real life.

Quote: Aaron @ September 7 2012, 12:26 PM BST

Indiana Jones struggled to find an SS uniform that fit.

that fitted. 'Fit' is US.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ September 7 2012, 12:38 AM BST

In the movies you never see a Woman who starts off with a great guy & ends up with a Tosser.

Laughing out loud

When characters are about to leave an apartment or building no-one ever says 'I'll just have a quick wee.'

So is Michael McIntyre going to pay us for all this material?

Quote: Godot Taxis @ September 7 2012, 5:10 PM BST

that fitted.

When characters are about to leave an apartment or building no-one ever says 'I'll just have a quick wee.'

Romantic heroes and heroines don't burp or fart

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ September 7 2012, 3:11 PM BST

In all comedy films and television shows, the fat ugly lead always ends up with an incredibly attractive slim woman.

That's what bothers me with the last "The Office" special. Why the forced happy ending? Why gets Brent this goodlooking and sophisticated woman. Why is Neil, who was the good guy in series 2, suddenly the bad guy who hangs around with the likes of Gareth and Finchy? That was an unlogical and atypical ending to an otherwise clever show (don't roll your eyes, Aaron).

In real life introductions between famous historical characters did not involve the recounting of full CVs.

I find it amusing when in (especially older) movies one character is for example a tennis professional. Sometimes there are scenes when you see him in action at a tennis tournament or training and you can tell even by the way the actor holds the racket that he never played tennis in his life. That is one of the very rare occasions when the movie scene pales in comparison to reality.

Gervais isn't ugly.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ September 7 2012, 4:45 PM BST

I heard a comedian making a gag about choosing rude usernames or passwords and how this can backfire if you ever have to ring technical support and repeat the names. It was very funny.

:D

Quote: zooo @ September 7 2012, 6:18 PM BST

Gervais isn't ugly.

I didn't say that...but Brent was a complete bastard and the makers made that clear all the time...only at the very end they made some sort of concept change they wanted us to make our peace with him without explaining to us why we had to suddenly like him.
And yes, Gervais is a sexy bitch compared to Johnny Vegas.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ September 7 2012, 7:17 PM BST

And yes, Gervais is a sexy bitch compared to Johnny Vegas.

:D
You're not wrong there.

In American war movies the heroes always a last snappy phrase to say, even with their head blown off.

In war movies the winning side never commit atrocities.

Quote: Tursiops @ September 8 2012, 5:11 PM BST

In war movies the winning side never commit atrocities.

You've clearly never watched the The Nanking Massacre

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ September 8 2012, 5:25 PM BST

You've clearly never watched the The wanking Massacre

I have Kev you were most impressive