The Midnight Beast - Series 1 Page 3

Quote: Aaron @ August 1 2012, 7:29 PM BST

Despite my better judgement, and constant feeling that I really shouldn't, I've actually been rather enjoying The Midnight Beast. It's not a relentlessly hilarious comedy, but even the songs have been mildly entertaining, and the more sitcommy main of the show has a certain ramshackle charm.

I really do love the Stalinist approach to the BCG. Just about everyone has roundly condemned the Midnight Beast for being an awful piece of shit, but because Aaron likes 'things happening' and 'bright colours' on his teevee, we get guff like this in the BCG Newsletter -

'But despite those prejudices, we've actually really quite enjoyed The Midnight Beast so far'

To quote Sudden Impact: 'Who's we, sucker?' Because reading the comments on this thread suggests that 'we' is not a representative sample. Pah, Bah and indeed Gah!

I think that's more of a royal we. 'We the editors'.

Editorial content is written by the editors, unless otherwise explicitly given a byline. These forums are for the opinions of the members of the website. The British Comedy Guide is primarily an information resource, not a collective conscience of the great illiterati.

Twitter loves 'em!

http://amplicate.com/love/the-midnight-beast

Perhaps not your cup of tea, Carpark, but plenty of others are swigging it down:

https://twitter.com/search/realtime/midnight%20beast

I'd say it's about 9 positive tweets for every 1 "worst show ever" tweet. A lot of teenagers declaring it their only reason to live. But the people who hate the show REALLY hate it.

Quote: LeChinf @ August 4 2012, 1:51 PM BST

A lot of teenagers declaring it their only reason to live.

Teenagers... Rolling eyes

http://amplicate.com/love/the-midnight-beast

I would like Adam Buxton to read this...

i love the midnightbeast bc they have the most humourus pesonalatys with lots of comedy and love ! they make the BEST songs and r the best looking (stefan)!xx

by RuthlessRuth_

:D

Quote: Aaron @ August 4 2012, 1:20 PM BST

Editorial content is written by the editors, unless otherwise explicitly given a byline. These forums are for the opinions of the members of the website. The British Comedy Guide is primarily an information resource, not a collective conscience of the great illiterati.

You used to balance it out by having quotes from the great illiterati Forum members, so for every 'editorial opinion', no matter how wrong, there was at least some form of redress.

Now you and Mark just sit at your computers, stripped to the waist like Putin, making blanket statements and misguided value judgements on terrible sitcoms.

So Pah, Bah and indeed Gah still stands.

Twitter loves 'em!

Oh, well why didn't you say so earlier. If Twitter - the place where you can threaten Tom Daley's life and get arrested for making jokes about blowing up Robin Hood airport - says they are great, then they must be great.

We've only dropped the forum quotes section in the past couple of weeks because no one's saying anything interesting enough to put in it. Not surprising when there's nothing but f**king sport on the telly.

Series 2 commissioned. https://www.comedy.co.uk/news/story/000001208/the_midnight_beast_series_2_on_e4/

RENEWED???!! This is worse than the worst American sitcom you may be able to imagine. And that is as worst as it gets. If you are going to dig up the mouldering corpse of The Monkees' show then spray it with something fresh so we can stand the smell!! The Monkees at least had great writers for their tunes. This music is just pathetic. Let's not even go near the near awe-insipring lack of charisma these cretins display and the desert of witlessness in which they dwell.
Air Monkees reruns instead. And I don't even like The Monkees!

I rather like this!

Depravos seems a little ambivalent about The Midnight Beast. I do wish he'd make a decision! :)

The 'let's make a 'funny' song and video with stupid lyrics' thing was new about 7 years ago.

as soon as I find out what ambivalent means I'm coming to england and I'm going to eat your cat.