What BBC Three Wants Page 2

I'm not sure we should be too harsh on BBC3, if you boil down pretty much any successful show to a one line pitch it will sound cliched and a bit stupid.

A man runs a shop in an unspecified Northern town and has a stutter.

A hen-pecked husband with clear psychiatric problems runs a hotel and violently abuses a stereotypical Spanish waiter.

A wartime sitcom in which stereotypical French and Germans make lots of innuendos and everyone laughs at an English man trying to be a French policeman who says "Good Moaning" and "I was just pissing" a lot.

Quote: Tony Cowards @ June 20 2012, 2:54 PM BST

A man runs a shop in an unspecified Northern town and has a stutter.

:O I always thought it was somewhere in London.
Bloody north...

There is a considerable difference between, on the one had, a writer coming up with a concept that sounds a bit lame when summarised but which through skill and craft beomes gold; and on the other, an executive coming up with a lame concept and thinking he has struck gold, all he needs is someone to write it for him.

A man who once destroyed by fire a priceless collection of rare cacti ends up as Deputy Prime Minister.

That is a fantastically random 100th post.

Quote: zooo @ June 20 2012, 2:57 PM BST

:O I always thought it was somewhere in London.
Bloody north...

District nurses...
Kathy Staff...
The theme tune...

The clues are there...

Probably not for a five year old...

Quote: Tony Cowards @ June 20 2012, 2:54 PM BST

I'm not sure we should be too harsh on BBC3

Laughing out loud

ZAI BENNETT HAS CHANNEL. ZAI BENNETT CHOOSE TELLY SHOWS.

The way he has been axing good and commissioning bad things, you could write a sitcom about these BBC Three meetings.

Quote: Feeoree @ June 23 2012, 2:49 PM BST

ZAI BENNETT HAS CHANNEL. ZAI BENNETT CHOOSE TELLY SHOWS.

The way he has been axing good and commissioning bad things, you could write a sitcom about these BBC Three meetings.

I've actually found myself tuning into BBC 3 recently, which I've barely done for the last few years; since the halcyon days of Boosh, Pulling, Snuffbox, etc. Both Dead Boss and Live At The Electric have been well worth a watch.

Oh yeah, there's still quality on there. Your examples (Dead Boss/Electric) being the new stuff I like. Just think some of the axings were poor (White Van Man, Ideal, The Fades).

Then there's stuff like (really typical example coming up) Snog, Marry, Avoid coming back. Guess it's understandable, budgets etc.

At least Him & Her and Pramface got recommissions.

What BBC3 Want
Wasn't that Movie by our very own Steve Goodlad?

BBC3 > Critique

I am glad they have set their aspirations high.

They could do a spoof medical documentary - Dixon, His Cock's Green.