2 Broke Girls

It's a sitcom & I've watched 3 episodes.
I may give up though as I was hoping for something a bit better.

I've been watching for a few months now, on recommendation of a close American friend, and whilst I do find the delivered gags to be fewer and less satisfying than the tone would otherwise lead me to expect I have been rather enjoying it, largely due to the aforementioned tone. I'm also rather intrigued by the concept underpinning the series and am looking forward to seeing just how they go with it longer term.

So many vagina and rape jokes. So many.

Haven't seen it, but read an article that there was a big hoo ha over the caricature Chinese manager.

Worth watching?

Bag of shite.

Quote: sootyj @ June 9 2012, 11:37 AM BST

Haven't seen it, but read an article that there was a big hoo ha over the caricature Chinese manager.

How odd. I can't recall any character quite like him - certainly no Chinese caricature. He's certainly an oddball, but any 'hoo ha' is down to those ever-helpful folks in society who seem to seek offence.

I saw it from the US transmissions. I think it got more ruder and less funny as it went on, but when it started it was very good.

Not a bad series. The humour is quite broad and at times surprisingly crude but overall a decent watch.

Still just about watching this. Each episode has some decent moments and there's good rapport between the two girls. I don't really like any of the three men working in the cafe, can barely understand what they say for one thing.

I like it. Kat Dennings feels a bit stilted when she's delivering her lines sometimes but it's entertaining and usually funny enough to get away with it. It's no classic but it's pretty solid stuff, in my opinion.

Dan

Quote: swerytd @ July 12 2012, 3:45 PM BST

I like it. Kat Dennings feels a bit stilted when she's delivering her lines sometimes

She's better than the blonde stick, though.

She is a better character, but blonde stick seems more relaxed at delivering lines.

Dan

Quote: swerytd @ July 12 2012, 5:00 PM BST

She is a better character, but blonde stick seems more relaxed at delivering lines.

Dan

I've never thought of it as stilted, more that she delivers the lines in an understated, no effort way as it fits the character.

Seems to have been missed out in Channel 4's schedules this week.

It's on E4 isn't it?

Was all about tampons this week, which was a bit odd.