Is the world really going to end in 2012? Page 3

Quote: george roper @ August 22 2012, 1:13 PM BST

yes or no is it going to end

It's a massive NO I'm afraid. According to You Tube, there was supposed to be some sort of Illuminati inspired terrorist attack during the London Olympics. It never happened, the conspiracy theorists all look like nutty losers - but, you know, worse then usual and we all have to keep paying our mortgages.

So take out that eighteen month phone contract with confidence and get on with enjoying life instead of worrying about shit you can't control.

Quote: Badge @ August 22 2012, 1:18 PM BST

Do our votes influence the outcome?

Laughing out loud

I hope not, otherwise Simon Cowell is in charge of Earth's destiny.

I have it on good authority, that the inter-galactic comet that was predicted to hit us, missed by a thousand light-years.

The Gods are not too good at billiards.

That settles it then, I will get the new Argos catalogue after all.

Bugger! I'll have to think of Christmas shopping soon.

Quote: billwill @ August 22 2012, 3:11 PM BST

I have it on good authority, that the inter-galactic comet that was predicted to hit us, missed by a thousand light-years.

The Gods are not too good at billiards.

You've got me worried about all the ones they predicted were going to miss us.

Are you going to keep asking every two months, george?

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ August 22 2012, 1:20 PM BST

I hope not, otherwise Simon Cowell is in charge of Earth's destiny.

:) X-tinct Factor.

Quote: george roper @ August 22 2012, 1:13 PM BST

yes or no is it going to end

Thanks for bumping this thread and reminding me of that aces Shatner song! Listening to it now.

George, if we all said yes, what would you do about it?

Oooohh, we're all gonna die...

Sod it, I'm going out :)

Quote: Nogget @ August 22 2012, 3:30 PM BST

:) X-tinct Factor.

Oh very good.

;) Bloody Anthrax in Blackpool? has this Doom started?...

I Suffer from Austism and I suffer from High Axticy which courses Panic For me sorry if I keep going on about it .

Quote: george roper @ August 23 2012, 11:08 AM BST

I Suffer from Austism and I suffer from High Axticy which courses Panic For me sorry if I keep going on about it .

Why do you think the world is going to end in 2012? Why have you picked up on this year rather than anything else? Sorry if I've been mean, but basic reading, of Aaron's earlier post let alone a standard news source, would explain why the Mayan prophecy was a misinterpretation. Or have I missed another reason why this year is more likely to be apocalyptic? Do you do this every year? Will you do it for every year of the future? May I sympathetically suggest some counselling if the world ending is so very much on your mind?

No I won't just worried because I here bloody stupid Stuff on YouTube

Quote: george roper @ August 23 2012, 11:21 AM BST

No I won't just worried because I here bloody stupid Stuff on YouTube

Oh George. George, George, George. You obviously know that YouTube is for bloody stupid stuff, not actual information!
The world is no more likely to end this year than any other. It would be impossible to say it definitely won't, but it is very unlikely. There are no scientific or societal reasons that indicate that the end of the world will occur in our lifetimes.

The worlds not ending in 2012

and if the Mayans were so ruddy smart why didnt they spot the Conquistadors?