Is the world really going to end in 2012?

IM REALLY SCARED THE WORLD GOING TO END . YES OR NO

THANK YOU GEORGE :( Rolling eyes Huh?

It's a no from me.

And it's a no from her.

Quote: zooo @ March 13 2012, 3:16 PM GMT

You'll Have Time by William Shatner with Ben Folds. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9eQ8_T1ytU

Dead, dead, dead

What you trying to do to poor George AJGO? :D

I was merely trying to point out, with the help of an amusing and rather catchy song, that we're all going to die.
Could be any time, from any thing. By the time you read this, I could be dead. So one shouldn't worry too much, and should take their chances in life, because we'll all be dead soon, and even if it's not this year, it'll come around quick enough, and no-one is as bothered as you think they are about what you do now, and in a hundred years they certainly won't care, and it seems the planet will be uninhabitable not too long after that, and the universe itself is going to die in a few billion years, rendering all paltry human worries entirely useless.

I find it helps me get through the day

Quote: AJGO @ May 18 2012, 12:11 PM BST

I was merely trying to point out, with the help of an amusing and rather catchy song, that we're all going to die.
Could be any time, from any thing. By the time you read this, I could be dead. So one shouldn't worry too much, and should take their chances in life, because we'll all be dead soon, and even if it's not this year, it'll come around quick enough, and no-one is as bothered as you think they are about what you do now, and in a hundred years they certainly won't care, and it seems the planet will be uninhabitable not too long after that, and the universe itself is going to die in a few billion years, rendering all paltry human worries entirely useless.

I find it helps me get through the day

Good advice. I completely agree.

What do you classify as the world ending? Do you mean civilisation, society, the Euro, the human race or all biological animal and plant life including bacteria?

Can I just add, that the world ended for the Mayan Civilisation several hundred years ago - and they never saw that coming, the loin cloth wearing lizard worshippers.

But just in case, I've grown a mohawk, learned to ride a motorcycle and have crossbows attached to my wrists - it's a bit awkward getting my shopping trolley round Asda, but otherwise, I'm fairly comfortable with my new look.

Quote: Monster Scum Bag @ May 18 2012, 4:51 PM BST

Good advice. I completely agree.

:D I've always liked you

We will either know or not know (if we're dead) on 1st January 2013.

But if Runcorn could be wiped out then that would be a start.

Catskill !

Your country needs you !

Scour YouTube for an answer !

:|

Quote: David Carmon @ May 18 2012, 6:44 PM BST

We will either know or not know (if we're dead) on 1st January 2013.

Yep. Why worry, life will either continue on or we won't be here to worry about it.

Quote: george roper @ May 18 2012, 10:57 AM BST

There's no END to the world...
It's a sphere.

Quote: george roper @ May 18 2012, 10:57 AM BST

The Mayans didn't have leap years. By their count, the world would have ended during 2011.

Economic armageddon when the euro collapses is a far more real, likely, and indeed imminent thing to fear.

Quote: Aaron @ May 19 2012, 2:50 AM BST

Economic armageddon when the euro collapses is a far more real, likely, and indeed imminent thing to fear.

Wait until China's economy finishes collapsing. ;)

Invest in gold, food, beer, guns and ammunition and you'll weather the crisis just fine. :)