Frasier

Close contenders:

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
Arrested Development
Community
Futurama
Frasier
Venture Brothers

Interesting: if Frasier had got in, you'd have taken two copies of Frasier and then you would have looked a right idiot!

Unless you've realised that the actual box it comes in is somehow sturdier than all the others and it is perfect hut-building cardboard or something...

Dan

Quote: swerytd @ April 24 2012, 10:33 AM BST

Interesting: if Frasier had got in, you'd have taken two copies of Frasier and then you would have looked a right idiot!

Unless you've realised that the actual box it comes in is somehow sturdier than all the others and it is perfect hut-building cardboard or something...

Dan

The 'close contender' was Frasier (English), starring Rowan Atkinson and the bent one out of Gimme, Gimme, Gimme. Sorry, should have been clearer.

Oh, the original Frasier before the Americans ripped it off. Why didn't you just say?

Don't know why they changed the giraffe for that stupid dog though. Ruined it.

Dan

LAB RATS
TWO PINTS OF LAGER
BENIDORM
COMING OF AGE
DOWNTOWN ABBEY

Quote: swerytd @ April 24 2012, 1:07 PM BST

Oh, the original Frasier before the Americans ripped it off. Why didn't you just say?

Don't know why they changed the giraffe for that stupid dog though. Ruined it.

Dan

True, true. And Texan Daphne was so much better than her weak counterpart in the American version.

Quote: Marc P @ April 24 2012, 1:14 PM BST

DOWNTOWN ABBEY

? :D

The Good Life (clips of Felicity Kendal might come in handy on a desert island!)
Fawlty Towers
The Likely Lads (inc WHTTLL)
The Goons
The Big Bang Theory.

That was a hard one.
Must have been the thought of a young Felicity Kendal.

Desert Island Sitcoms? Surely this is just Top 5 Sitcoms under a different moniker?

Not only that, everyone has listed sitcoms that have been shown on telly a gazillion times - so either everyone has the memory of a retarded gold fish or they don't own a television...or an Internetz.

It's such a ridiculous notion as well -

'What did you salvage from the wreckage? A satellite phone? A GPS? Food and water?'

'No, I threw all that worthless shit in the drink in favour of a Blu-Ray player and my On The Buses boxset. Now where do I plug this bad boy in?'

:S

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ April 24 2012, 2:39 PM BST

Desert Island Sitcoms? Surely this is just Top 5 Sitcoms under a different moniker?

Not only that, everyone has listed sitcoms that have been shown on telly a gazillion times - so either everyone has the memory of a retarded gold fish or they don't own a television...or an Internetz.

It's such a ridiculous notion as well -

'What did you salvage from the wreckage? A satellite phone? A GPS? Food and water?'

'No, I threw all that worthless shit in the drink in favour of a Blu-Ray player and my On The Buses boxset. Now where do I plug this bad boy in?'

:S

Thanks to that you're going to be the first up against the wall come the desert island revolution. Well, the palm tree anyway.

Quote: David Bussell @ April 24 2012, 2:45 PM BST

Thanks to that you're going to be the first up against the wall come the desert island revolution. Well, the palm tree anyway.

Just for that, here is my favourite Desert Island Sitcom - Gilligan's Island. Happy now Baby Doc DeBussellay?!

Quote: David Bussell @ April 24 2012, 2:45 PM BST

Lonely already, David?

Quote: Marc P @ April 24 2012, 1:14 PM BST

LAB RATS
TWO PINTS OF LAGER
BENIDORM
COMING OF AGE
DOWNTOWN ABBEY

I forgot about Two Pints. If you use Stotty's criteria that's a must as there are well in excess of 13,000 episodes of that.

Actually, one particular episode has been shown on BBC Three 12,500 times in a single week. It's the one where burglars break in and mess with Bertha and Tom gets a magnet stuck to him.

Dan