Grandma's House - Series 2 Page 7

Who are all comedians who happen to be Jewish, where as what Kipper was referring to was comedy made in a Jewish style.

Except Paxo isn't a semite.

This isn't my point, not at all, you chose your own point to get worked up on, I didn't. My point was 'Why must we become like America and slavishly follow their sitcom trends? If they were 'Muslim coms' I'd say muscom, Russian coms I'd say comcom, I don't care what creed or race is making them, I care that increasingly, to get a sitcom aired in America you have to in some way belong to that dominant clan producing it, networking it, starring in it or writing it. I just worry that this way of doing it crosses the Atlantic. :)

And there are books on this subject, it's not my invention just to upset people.

I've only just seen last weeks (episode 2) show so I'm a week behind! I thought it was fantastic. Some of Clive's lines in the loft were brilliant, particularly the one about Simon's Mum having retro, erm, foliage.

Speaking of Simon's Mum, she's well on the way to becoming one of my favourite things ever. What a brilliant character. When Lewis starts up again, I'm going to be very disappointed watching her play a stick-in-the-mud again.

It's good that it's been made because it's, you know, good. Simple.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ May 4 2012, 12:52 PM BST

This isn't my point, not at all, you chose your own point to get worked up on, I didn't. My point was 'Why must we become like America and slavishly follow their sitcom trends? If they were 'Muslim coms' I'd say muscom, Russian coms I'd say comcom, I don't care what creed or race is making them, I care that increasingly, to get a sitcom aired in America you have to in some way belong to that dominant clan producing it, networking it, starring in it or writing it. I just worry that this way of doing it crosses the Atlantic. :)

And there are books on this subject, it's not my invention just to upset people.

What's an American style sitcom?

Other than their tendency to hire writing teams as oposded to individuals?

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ May 4 2012, 11:59 AM BST

this mild rehash of US jewcoms

It's one comment but it's enough.

Quote: sootyj @ May 4 2012, 1:23 PM BST

What's an American style sitcom?

Generally not this, if anyone here has seen any recent American sitcoms. I mean, I suppose it's a bit similar in style to Community and 30 Rock...

I don't think Grandma's House has anything much in common style-wise with 30 Rock...?

Quote: zooo @ May 4 2012, 1:30 PM BST

I don't think Grandma's House has anything much in common style-wise with 30 Rock...?

Zooo has just failed her 'Sarcasm Spotting For Beginners' course and will have to take the year over. :(

Ohs. :( :(

You really are barking up the wrong tree, I'm mainly referring to an ownership issue of comedy, if you go to New York and mingle around the comedy scene there, you will see what I mean, much more so if you get into TV comedy there. I don't care what religion they are, I don't like a mafia/Murdochesque empire building thing happening, and all I did was dare mention what creed it was, which is extremely well known in America, and quite honestly, I thought was over here by now. This is not news! Articles have been published about it for 50 odd years, A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Forum was a hit film made as inside joke/send up of it in 1966!, so it really isn't news.

Quote: sootyj @ May 4 2012, 1:23 PM BST

It's one comment but it's enough

I say ...com all the time on here, nerdcom, shecom, yoofcom, famcom etc. so this is a just an addition, not an egregious assault on all semites, as much as that may annoy you. :)

I really like this show but I am still finding it difficult to forgive Simon for what his people did to Jesus.

Quote: zooo @ May 4 2012, 1:30 PM BST

Not style-wise in anyway but sex stuff immediately turns Simon into British Liz Lemon.... he even looks like her with a bad perm.

I don't know why racism makes me laugh... but lol at some of this thread.

:D scismn shizmn stuff

It's all been downhill since Rabbi Ted.

I hate this sitcom with avengeance. I have never seen such rubbish/dribble in all my 71 years and it truly bugs me that, yes, I can sure write far better stuff but don't get anywhere with it. Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry