Dreams

What's your favourite dream? Lol only kidding :P

I had this weird dream the other night. It was like a satirical sketch, if that's the right word?

So in it, Angelina Jolie had died and America was mourning her like she was their Diana or something. But our news reporters weren't reporting on her death, rather it was concentrating on America's reaction to it.

It was weird, but something not far from what would really happen I bet.

Just thought I'd share that with you, dreaming in sketches now :S

I'd rather go back to dreaming about boobies. :P

I used to have the same dream all the time. Drove me crazy.
I am not me, I am seeing this happen through someone elses eyes. (I think).

It was weird as hell. I may use it as a sketch one day.

I once had a dream and in the middle of it I realised I was in a dream and my actions would have no long term consequences. Marvellous, bloody marvellous. if only life could be like that. !!!

Quote: Leevil @ July 12, 2007, 1:05 AM

I'd rather go back to dreaming about boobies. :P

But if you were dreaming about ol' trout-pout, albeit her death, then you kind of were. No?

Quote: Kent Pete @ July 12, 2007, 2:18 AM

I once had a dream and in the middle of it I realised I was in a dream and my actions would have no long term consequences. Marvellous, bloody marvellous. if only life could be like that. !!!

Lucid dreaming. I sometimes suffer from sleep paralysis, and if it happens a few times in the night I kind of get used to it, and I've been able to dream like that. It's only happened a couple of times, but was pretty cool.

I felt really tired when I woke up as well.

Quote: Ginger Jesus @ July 12, 2007, 8:56 AM

Lucid dreaming. I sometimes suffer from sleep paralysis, and if it happens a few times in the night I kind of get used to it, and I've been able to dream like that. It's only happened a couple of times, but was pretty cool.

I felt really tired when I woke up as well.

Sleep paralysis is supposed to happen... to stop us flailing about at night and potentially hurting ourselves. You're not supposed to wake up to experience it though... :)

Sleep paralysis is the likely explanantion for 'alien abduction'. As well as the actual paralysis, sleepers who are awake to experience this also feel or imagine a presence in the room with them. In Medieval times, this presence was thought to be demons sitting on the sleepers' chests... and now the modern translation is aliens.

Quote: Darren Goldsmith @ July 12, 2007, 9:12 AM

Sleep paralysis is supposed to happen... to stop us flailing about at night and potentially hurting ourselves. You're not supposed to wake up to experience it though... :)

Sleep paralysis is the likely explanantion for 'alien abduction'. As well as the actual paralysis, sleepers who are awake to experience this also feel or imagine a presence in the room with them. In Medieval times, this presence was thought to be demons sitting on the sleepers' chests... and now the modern translation is aliens.

Yeah i think they call it "The Old Hag". It is quite scary when it happens, but you get used to it. It does feel like theres a presence in the room, and it can get sort of panicy. You just have to try and jerk your body out of it.

two of my favourite dreams...
1, tony soprano werewolf hunt - me and tony in a jeep with shotguns driving through the night shooting werewolves.
2. horses had taken over the world and were destroying all mankind. i had to go and kill the king of the horses. i was sneaking round his castle and found a hidden door behind a tapestry. i went inside and found a woman. then we had sex. that was the end of the dream. pretty much like real life.

anyone ever keep a dream diary?

I think the King of the Horses may stalk these boards.

Wildjesusfishkid?

ROFL Laughing out loud

My favourite ever line (wot I wrote) came to me in a dream and I woke up to write it down.

Shame I woke up and wrote down some of the other crap I occasionally find on my notepad.

Quote: Ginger Jesus @ July 12, 2007, 9:29 AM

Yeah i think they call it "The Old Hag". It is quite scary when it happens, but you get used to it. It does feel like theres a presence in the room, and it can get sort of panicy. You just have to try and jerk your body out of it.

I`ve experienced sleep paralysis a couple of times too and been unable to move. It`s a pretty scary and weird sensation.

I had a strong sense of a presence in the room, but no on was there.

I remember looking at my arm and just not being able to move it, or anything else and it was really hard getting out of it.

Quote: Jude @ July 12, 2007, 4:41 PM

I`ve experienced sleep paralysis a couple of times too and been unable to move. It`s a pretty scary and weird sensation.

I had a strong sense of a presence in the room, but no on was there.

I remember looking at my arm and just not being able to move it, or anything else and it was really hard getting out of it.

Yes, I remember this happening to me not too long ago. I thought I was dreaming at first and then I realized I wasn't, but I wasn't scared like I would normally be hypochondriac style, I think I found it funny and quite cool. I then just closed my eyes and tried to go back to sleep and then it went.

I always wondered what it was.

I get sleep paralysis too. :(
Have we discovered a trend among wannabe comedy writers?

I remember this happening when I was young. Apparently it's something to do with puberty.

have none of you reached that yet???????