Secret Policeman's Ball 2012 Page 3

Coldplay can do that to people.

I still want TOTP back! There was always a load of shit on there, but you just mute those bits.

I watched about half of this this switched over to Bride Of Chucky it was so good...

The highlight of what I saw, surprisingly, was Jack Whitehall. Even if he seemed to have changed his accent to appear less posh that he normally sounds.

The Stiller/Walliams bit at the beginning was terribly old and predictable. I've seen better stuff in critique.

I like Coldplay...am I on my own here??!

Quote: zooo @ March 10 2012, 12:41 PM GMT

I still want TOTP back! There was always a load of shit on there, but you just mute those bits.

:D

I even liked the shit bits.

Well, not in general, they do sell millions of records. I'm not a fan though.

Although I did like all their neon backdrop-y stuff.

Quote: Shandonbelle @ March 10 2012, 12:45 PM GMT

I even liked the shit bits.

That's where you get to mock the rubbish bands! All good fun.

Exactly :)

Is comedy getting worse or am I just broke? Was the Wiig/Tate/Berry/other person supposed to be funny? How long did they spend on that? 2 minutes? Wouldn't you be embarrassed if you did that poor on stage.

I laughed once in two hours and that was at an American comedian I'd never heard of. Really poor stuff all round and I'm surely a big fan of Izzard, Walliams, Brand and Carr (Who was perhaps the best, although it wasn't really stuff we hadn't seen before)

Oh and don't get me started on that shit that the Pythons did...

Quote: Pineapplesky @ March 10 2012, 3:28 PM GMT

I laughed once in two hours and that was at an American comedian I'd never heard of.

Was that Hannibal Buress? I liked the little bit he did, about his name, and anger when he once realised he was going to have to poo on a plane.

It was vaguely amusing watching the well-heeled US audience reeling at Jimmy Carr spunk jokes but the rest ... Stadtler And Waldorf? Really? In this day and age?

Quote: Pineapplesky @ March 10 2012, 3:28 PM GMT

Is comedy getting worse or am I just broke?

Only British comedy, it really wasn't a good display of what the Americans can do.

After all the spammin from the organiser's little monkeys, I decided to give this a go - and it was terrible.

Brand - who is only funny when he's not married - was the highlight of the evening. It really was a cavalcade of abosolute boredom otherwise, no better or worse then Sunday Night at the Apollo or whatever it's called here.

This was extremely poor and I hope human rights are set back because of it. Yeh, you want me to give a shit about Emboko or whoever, then give a shit about your set, then I might follow suit.

Lazy and poor.

Brand was good but I always like Brand's comedy.

Sarah Silverman, who I've not been too bothered about in the past made me laugh with her penis hole bit. If she did more stuff like that I'd get on board but she loses me most of the time.

I didn't like it. Seemed far too showbizy this year - because of American setting I guess