Drinks Page 99

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 23rd November 2014, 9:28 AM GMT

It was £5 per pint HGT - "The Lad" would have turned in his grave!

A pint? That's very nearly an armf.......Oh, so my quid didn't go far then.

So, you enjoyed yourself - was there an atmosphere, you know standing there where so many greats of comedy have stood, buying a round for ten bob and having enough left over for a cod and sixpenny worth on the way home. :D

The biggest surprise for me was Renegade Car Park: what a thoroughly nice guy.

Huge thanks to Sootyj for organising.

Either RC's on-line persona OR his pub persona is a mask to hide the real person Cool Cool

Soryy I didn't make it....

It was a great evening and I'm starting to wonder out if this is how RCP gets all the girls.

Be a rightwinger nut job on line, then his affable self in real life.

He's like the Tardis of the BCG.

Quote: Shandonbelle @ 24th November 2014, 2:07 PM GMT

either a very clever pun, or a disturbing insight into you 2's relationship

:D

Quote: Shandonbelle @ 24th November 2014, 2:07 PM GMT

But but but, he's bigger on the outside... Some 6' 7", I think.

Gives hime a distinct adantage, being able to see all the pretty girls over our heads. Laughing out loud

Quote: billwill @ 24th November 2014, 4:07 PM GMT

But but but, he's bigger on the outside... Some 6' 7", I think.

Gives hime a distinct adantage, being able to see all the pretty girls over our heads. Laughing out loud

Blimey - he's no Richard Osman. It's a well-known fact that I like my men to be between 5ft 11.5 inches to 6ft 3 inches tall, but 6ft 7in is too lofty for my peculiar tastes. No, he seemed a nice guy; erudite and amusing - actually my friend Lucy kind of liked him...

Are we being heightist?

Quote: keewik @ 30th November 2014, 8:26 PM GMT

Are we being heightist?

I guess so - maybe it's a throwback to The Goodies' 'Apart Height'?

The biggest surprise for me was Renegade Car Park: what a thoroughly nice guy.

I wrote him a pm after our latest dispute. His reply was shockingly nice so I had to change my opinion about him. But that was the last time I heard of him. Is there a special reason for his absence from the BCG?

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 30th November 2014, 8:42 PM GMT

I wrote him a pm after our latest dispute. His reply was shockingly nice so I had to change my opinion about him. But that was the last time I heard of him. Is there a special reason for his absence from the BCG?

I have no idea! The last thing I ever saw him on was the 'Carly Smallman' thread where he was forced to apologise for his comments by Mark. I personally don't see the point of having an internet-only persona which seems at odds with his real-life views, although there are clearly cross overs in certain political issues. Sigh, if I find it difficult to fathom people IRL I'm doubly stuck on t'internet....

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 30th November 2014, 8:42 PM GMT

Is there a special reason for his absence from the BCG?

Nah, he just takes a year's break every now and then. He'll be back.

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 30th November 2014, 7:45 PM GMT

Blimey - he's no Richard Osman. It's a well-known fact that I like my men to be between 5ft 11.5 inches to 6ft 3 inches tall, but 6ft 7in is too lofty for my peculiar tastes. No, he seemed a nice guy; erudite and amusing - actually my friend Lucy kind of liked him...

I could be wrong about how tall RC is..

Quote: billwill @ 1st December 2014, 1:18 AM GMT

I could be wrong about how tall RC is..

I think he's a UK standard height for blokes: 5ft 11in. It was hard to tell as I was seated most of the time.