Drinks Page 104

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 27th June 2015, 9:28 PM BST

You didn't say that originally, you said VIDEOS, which could have been anything and they WERE called Digital Video Discs originally.

Just won't back down. :D

Update:-

Oh, you have............ :)

Of course, a gentleman would now apologise to The Blue Nun Whistling nnocently

;) ;) ;)

Sorry all.

Tee hee. How do you know that I don't carry a small generator and a huge 1984 style Ferguson VideoStar around with me?

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 28th June 2015, 5:07 PM BST

Tee hee. How do you know that I don't carry a small generator and a huge 1984 style Ferguson VideoStar around with me?

You could carry it in your bra.

Interesting. Majority of people I've asked think of videos as video tapes which are played in a video tape machine.

Quote: Loopey @ 28th June 2015, 5:23 PM BST

Interesting. Majority of people I've asked think of videos as video tapes which are played in a video tape machine.

Angelic

Quote: Chappers @ 28th June 2015, 5:23 PM BST

You could carry it in your bra.

I'm not sure even my M&S DD+ full cup brassiere could take the strain!

I do too. Like the video shop which always reminds me of those two teenage guys in 'The League Of Gentlemen' "seen it, are there any killings?"

Bleedin' Hell, don't start him off again. :O

"Have you got a video of it?"

"Yes."

"On tape or DVD?"

Most people I know say "Have you got the DVD of it".

Quote: Ben @ 28th June 2015, 7:19 PM BST

Perhaps it's a term more familiar to your age group. You are a mere lad after all.

Probably is an age thing. I have had video machines in one form or another since the early 70s and for the last 20 odd years ran the video library at a high school, where videos were kept on tape and DVD.

Most tapes I transferred to DVD, but if they had copyright protection on them then they could not be copied to DVD (I think there is a way round it), so that recording had to be kept on tape, and so, people/teachers asked if the video was on tape or DVD.

Quote: Ben @ 28th June 2015, 7:19 PM BST

I than gyou!

So anyway. Any news? PM me.

Quote: Chappers @ 11th July 2015, 7:47 PM BST

So anyway. Any news? PM me.

Are you really *that* lonely Chappers or has Mrs Chappers instructed you to clean out your VHS collection?

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 11th July 2015, 7:57 PM BST

Are you really *that* lonely Chappers or has Mrs Chappers instructed you to clean out your VHS collection?

He has got rid of them all now, except for a well fingered Debbie Does Dallas.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 11th July 2015, 8:14 PM BST

He has got rid of them all now, except for a well fingered Debbie Does Dallas.

Phew! He's safe then.