Trying to ID a '90s British sitcom

Hi - wonder if anyone can help - sitcom in question was 90s, BBC or ITV (maybe BBC), about a couple of thirty something guys (cannot remember who they were) and it dealt with their love lives, pub antics, drinking etc. Anyway, the only scene I remember was where they were in the bar and one of the lead guys is introduced to an attractive older woman (who I think was playing the mother of one of his love interests) and his mate is berating him/trying to ruin it for him and tells the woman his chum is only interested in one thing and the older woman goes to the guy something like 'really, then get your coat we're leaving!' (audience laughter) and they leave togther and that was the end of that particular ep.

Can anyone help - it's bugging me like mad! :S

Must be one of these around the mid/late 90s (94-99) or even early 00s https://www.comedy.co.uk/guide/year/

Sounds like a mock sitcom on the recent Stewart Lee show..

Sounds vaguely Brush Strokes-y?

What did they look like?

Gosh, would never have guessed that! If you're looking through our guide to the show, any episode with a mention of parents or OAPs could be a contender. I can't recall the scene specifically I'm afraid, but I suspect the woman could have been the Guv's mum, played by Jenny Eclair.

Early Doors?
They spent a lot of time in the pub, but it's not '90s.

As I began reading it 'Two Pints' came to mind but I don't think that fits either. Anyway, I'll leave that thought out there in case I'm wrong/right...

I reckon that someone is just trying to make people guess at something that doesn't exist :)

Perhaps it could be Men of the World, where David Threfall and John Simm played travel agents on the pull. BBC ONE 1994 to 1995.

With only one of the best theme songs in sitcom history: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_D-1USP5NNI

Never heard of this show - is it worth YouTubeing it?

It is, yes. Just click the link above...

cheers

That was with Ted Danson and Mrs Danny De Vito.