Ricky Gervais at the Princess Diana Gig Page 2

People actually watched that diana thing????

I watched the end to see Take That...

More fool you!!!

Quote: Aaron @ July 2, 2007, 11:46 AM

Am I the only one who couldn't bare to watch it?

No I'm with you, it was horribly embarrassing for a guy who is hailed as one of Britains top stand up comedians he was god awful, he had no material whatsoever, any other comedian would either adlib or go into a routine from their stand-up tour, just shows how bad a performer and a comedian he really is. Also the whole "I dont want to do the dance" stuff was terrible, he came out doing the friggin' dance for gods sake. The song was really a bad choice for the event, but it was funny as hell to see him cringe like that, Hey thats the comedy he likes right? When he started singing that song from Extras and nobody knew it. Laughing out loud

"How long..3 minutes...you've gotta be kidding me"...How about telling some jokes maybe?

I don't get where you're coming from at all.
I thought it was endearing.
I doubt he's ever been alone in front of that many people before in his life. Have some humanity!!! :)

I reckon if he had started doing some of his stand up some people would have had a go at him for using the 'sacred' Diana event for self promotion...

I felt sorry for him, I really like his stand-up but he just didn't seem to have any clean jokes to tell after he'd done his bit. I know this is going to get bashed (But I don't care) Peter Kay would have owned that stage, even it had been "How long?....40 minutes"!

Quote: Darren Goldsmith @ July 2, 2007, 8:26 PM

It's like... a forum disease, or something.

Badjokitis.

Oh! I missed it. Never mind I doubt it was as bad as you are all making out. Be nice to my Mr G.
I love him I do.

Quote: zooo @ July 2, 2007, 9:14 PM

I reckon if he had started doing some of his stand up some people would have had a go at him for using the 'sacred' Diana event for self promotion...

Unlike all the other acts???
Laughing out loud

BTW did anyone else think that Kanye West's choice of singing "I ain't saying she's a Gold-digger" was a bit amusing. Diana was probably the only one who didn't marry into Royality for money, but still.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ July 2, 2007, 8:37 PM

People actually watched that diana thing????

Well as I was there when she got married, and as I was there when the Queen fixed her car (which, incidentally, is now ready,) AND as I was there when they burried her I guess, all things considered, I kinda felt obliged to see this soap opera through to the end.

The life and times of Princess Di, the best thing since the Truman Show.

Quote: Martin Holmes @ July 2, 2007, 9:05 PM

No I'm with you, it was horribly embarrassing for a guy who is hailed as one of Britains top stand up comedians he was god awful, he had no material whatsoever, any other comedian would either adlib or go into a routine from their stand-up tour, just shows how bad a performer and a comedian he really is. Also the whole "I dont want to do the dance" stuff was terrible, he came out doing the friggin' dance for gods sake. The song was really a bad choice for the event, but it was funny as hell to see him cringe like that, Hey thats the comedy he likes right? When he started singing that song from Extras and nobody knew it. Laughing out loud

"How long..3 minutes...you've gotta be kidding me"...How about telling some jokes maybe?

Give the guy a break, the only laughable think I could muster up if face with a crowd of 60 thousand plus people and the odd billon or two on TV would be to wet myself.

Quote: Britcom Barry @ July 3, 2007, 10:55 AM

Give the guy a break, the only laughable think I could muster up if face with a crowd of 60 thousand plus people and the odd billon or two on TV would be to wet myself.

Open your eyes, Ricky is suppose to be this countries top comedian and his appearance was cringeworthy, he deserved that for been all smug all the time, can't wait to see what he pulls out at Live Earth next week...any bets he'll "pretend he doesn't want to do the dance again"? Or maybe sing a couple of more songs from The Office that was about 5 years ago.

Quote: ContainsNuts @ July 3, 2007, 9:47 AM

Unlike all the other acts???
Laughing out loud

BTW did anyone else think that Kanye West's choice of singing "I ain't saying she's a Gold-digger" was a bit amusing. Diana was probably the only one who didn't marry into Royality for money, but still.

I thought Kanye's lyrics in Touch The Sky were more inappropriate.."I must have died in that accident because this must be heaven".

Also Nelly Furtado's opening song didn't seem quite right, "You don't mean nothing at all to me".

But nothing can top P Diddy's ridiculous.."Make some noise if you love Diana".

Quote: Martin Holmes @ July 3, 2007, 11:21 AM

Open your eyes, Ricky is suppose to be this countries top comedian and his appearance was cringeworthy, he deserved that for been all smug all the time

To agree with that you have to think he's smug all the time, and he clearly isn't.

I thought Kanye's lyrics in Touch The Sky were more inappropriate.."I must have died in that accident because this must be heaven".

Also Nelly Furtado's opening song didn't seem quite right, "You don't mean nothing at all to me".

But nothing can top P Diddy's ridiculous.."Make some noise if you love Diana".

Laughing out loud

Charley, it's probably on youtube by now, so you can judge for yourself!
It was amusingly awkward in my opinion, and he did just fine.

I think Gervais used to manage the band Suede.

I watched it on 'tube and thought it was OK. He should have sang his Diana song, "Goodnight my sweet Princess.".