Ricky Gervais at the Princess Diana Gig Page 4

Laughing out loud and Laughing out loud

Merchant is the funnier of the two, off-the-cuff, without a doubt. I love Smerch!

Excellent! I love him.

Quote: Jeremy Smith @ September 6, 2007, 5:28 PM

Merchant is the funnier of the two, off-the-cuff, without a doubt. I love Smerch!

Ditto that.

Yes, I get more excited when I see Merchant in something then Gervais.

Sure, he's funnier and seemingly more down to earth than the little fat oaf Gervais but even so, what's with the Merchant lovefest?

They think liking Stephen makes them cooler than the kids who like Ricky.

Lol, rebel me. Would it be cheap to say I like both equally?

No!

Anyway, the real cool kids like Karl best.

Really, there should be a poll.

Makes sense. Mind you, what Stephen Merchant did to Elton John was something that's been coming for years and for that one action alone, the guy deserves absolute respect.

Definitely.

Is that on youtube?

zooo you're right Karl is the best. I was only last night, listening to the podcasts.

"I can eat a knob at night" - K. Pilkington

I agree - I don't think either one is more or less funny, annoying or likeable than the other. Can't find the vid on youtube, which is a shame :(

Only the ricky one:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=wRJmNm-tJaY&mode=related&search=

I actually love all three almost equally. (Ricky a teeny bit more).

I don't really understand how someone can genuinely love one of Stephen and Ricky and hate the other, as they are so flipping similar.

I think the only difference between the two really is outlook. I don't really know how to describe it. Merchant is more easy going, while Gervais is more confident. I find that Gervais is more talkative, it seems easier to get a conversation out of him. Merchant is the quieter of the two, and is more reserved.