The Institute For Public Happiness And Togethernes

THE INSTITUTE FOR PUBLIC HAPPINESS AND TOGETHERNESS.

INT. WEIGHT WATCHERS MEETING - DAY

A LARGE GROUP OF OVERWEIGHT MEN AND WOMEN STAND LOOKING DIRECTLY AT THE CAMERA.

NON-THREATNING VOICE (V.O.)
Affluent In Weight And Body Fat people of Britain.

GROUP
(ALL TOGETHER)
Yes?

Your affluence in weight and body fat is costing the NHS millions of pounds a year.

GROUP
(ALL TOGETHER)
Sorry!

There is no longer any need to apologise for the body God gave you. We at The Institute For Public Happiness And Togetherness have come up with a way for you to make the most of your affluence in weight and body fat.

GROUP
(ALL TOGETHER)
How?

Let us show you.

CUT TO:

EXT. CLEAR SKY - DAY
A HOT AIR BALLOON SLOWLY RISES INTO THE SKY.

It has come to the Institute’s attention that people such as yourselves are prone to keel over and die from any number of ailments when contributing to society.

THE BALLOON RISES SOME MORE AND WE SEE THAT THERE IS AN OVERWEIGHT WOMAN HANGING FROM THE SIDE BY A ROPE TIED AROUND THEIR WAIST.

NON-THREATNING VOICE (V.O.) (CONT'D)
In the interests of efficiency and the greater good, we have concluded that you can achieve this goal much quicker and still provide a valuable service.

A VOICE COMES FROM THE BALLOON.

MAN (O.C.)
OK. Release the weights.

THE ROPE AROUND THE WOMAN’S WAIST COMES UNTIED AND SHE SILENTLY PLUNGES TO HER
DEATH.

CUT TO:

EXT. OCEAN - DAY
A FERRY SITS MOTIONLESS IN THE MIDDLE OF THE OCEAN, WE QUICKLY PAN DOWN TO REVEAL SEVERAL OVERWEIGHT MEN AND WOMEN ARE BEING DRAGGED ALONG THE OCEAN FLOOR BY LARGE CHAINS TIED AROUND THEM. THEY LOOK DEAD.

There are many everyday tasks where your affluence in weight and body fat can prove to be an advantage.

CUT TO:

EXT. BUSY ROAD - DAY
A ROAD SIGN READS ‘SPEED BUMPS AHEAD’. SEVERAL CARS SLOWLY PASS BY. WE PAN DOWN TO REVEAL TWO DEAD OVERWEIGHT MEN LED IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD. THEY JERK WHENEVER A CAR DRIVES OVER THEM.

These are just a few examples of the way you can give back to society. We need you to make this country a better place.

CUT TO:

INT. WEIGHT WATCHERS MEETING - DAY

THE GROUP STAND STARING AT THE CAMERA, UNSHAKEN.

What say you, Weight Watchers?

GROUP
(ALL TOGETHER)
We are indifferent

That’s the spirit!

A WHITE CARD WITH FOUR SMILEY FACES APPEARS. THEY ARE WHITE, BROWN, BLACK AND PINK

Paid for by the Institute For Public Happiness And Togetherness. Making Britain a more agreeable place.
FADE OUT.

ANOTHER ONE

INT. FRONT ROOM - NIGHT

FOUR YOUNG ASIAN MEN ARE SAT DRINKING BEER AND PLAYING A PLAYSTATION 2.

Extremely Irritated Muslims Of England!

THE FOUR MEN LOOK STARTLED AND TURN TO LOOK AT THE CAMERA.

The Institute For Public Happiness And Togetherness sympathises with your cause. But we have come to the conclusion that not only are these suicide bombings a major inconvenience, they are also a waste of manpower.

YOUNG ASIAN MAN
How’d you get in here?

As part of our campaign to make Britain a more agreeable place we have devised a way for you to suicide bomb whilst contributing to society.

YOUNG ASIAN MAN
(SHOUTING)
Mum! Some blokes broken in and sayin’ we like to suicide bomb!

MOTHER (O.C.)
(SHOUTING)
Just ignore him.

A MAP APPEARS. SEVERAL HOUSES HAVE CROSSES ON THEM.

We here at the institute are prepared to provide you with the names and address of suspected paedophiles.

WE ZOOM IN ON THE MAP AND SLOWLY PAN UP. NEXT TO THE CROSSES WE CAN SEE SOME WRITING. ‘USED TO BULLY ME AT SCHOOL :(’, ‘WAS A RIGHT CUNT WHEN I ASKED TO BORROW HIS MEMORY CARD’, ‘LOOKED AT ME FUNNY’.

When in future you feel the unmistakable urge to suicide bomb, please stop by our offices first. In return for performing this valuable service, we will buy you a pint down at the Lamb’s Head on Friday night.

WE PAN VERY QUICKLY UP THE MAP TO ANOTHER CROSS. ‘LAMB’S HEAD. DARTS ON SATURDAY LADS!’ IS WRITTEN NEXT TO IT.

CUT TO:

INT. LAMB’S HEAD - NIGHT

A GROUP OF DRUNKEN MEN IN SUITS STAND AT THE BAR MAKING A HELL OF A RUCKUS.
You won’t be there though because you’ll be dead.

A WHITE CARD WITH FOUR SMILEY FACES APPEARS. THEY ARE WHITE, BROWN, BLACK AND PINK

Paid for by the Institute For Public Happiness And Togetherness. Making Britain a more agreeable place.
FADE OUT.

(CONT'D)

I do believe that might just be f**king brilliant.

What an idea!
Very very good Socknose.

That is very good writing ... I had no idea what was coming ... totally ludicrous ... consistent theme ... topical ... bizarre ... and you could extend the general idea into so many different areas ... more please (I'd rather read you than watch the TV tonight!).

Very Original and Clever. Not everyone will like it, but others will lap it up.

Quote: losaavedra @ July 1, 2007, 4:04 PM

That is very good writing ... I had no idea what was coming ... totally ludicrous ... consistent theme ... topical ... bizarre ... and you could extend the general idea into so many different areas ... more please (I'd rather read you than watch the TV tonight!).

Thank you. That's quite the compliment there. I appreciate it. Here's another one.

ANOTHER ONE

INT. GAY BAR - NIGHT

A WELL DECORATED BAR LIT ENTIRELY BY CANDLE LIGHT IS ENJOYING A BUSY EVENING. THE PUNTERS TALK HAPPILY AMONGST THEMSELVES AND THE MOOD IS PLEASENT. A TALKING HEADS SONG IS PLAYING ON THE JUKEBOX.

Same Sex Relations Enthusiasts of Britain!

THE MUSIC ABRUPTLY STOPS AND EVERYONE TURNS TO LOOK AT THE CAMERA.

GAY GUY 1
Excuse me?

We here at the Institute for Public Happiness And Togetherness are a progressive bunch. What two consenting adults do in the privacy of their own home is their own buisness after all.

BARMAN
Mate, am I going to have to ask you to leave?

But it seems of late that you’ve been ‘shoving it down our throats’ so to speak.

GAY GUY 2
How dare you?!

Thus, from this moment onward Same Sex Relations Enthusiasm shall be referred to by code.

A YELLOW CARD WITH ‘TIGAR!’ WRITTEN ON IT GOING DOWN THE PAGE IN BLUE LETTERING APPEARS.

NON-THREATNING VOICE (CONT'D)
TIGAR! The Infernal Gay Agenda Repression.

NEXT TO EACH LETTER OF THE ACRONYM, THE CORRESPONDING LETTER IS TYPED OUT HORIZONTALLY.

CUT TO:

INT. LIVING ROOM - DAY
A YOUNG MAN IS SAT ON A SOFA WATCHING SOMETHING ON TELEVISION. ANOTHER YOUNG MAN ENTERS AND STANDS IN THE DOORWAY DRINKING A BEER.

From this moment on any reference to Same Sex Relations Enthusiasm that isn’t TIGAR! Will be met with a stern talking to.

GUY 1
What you watchin?

GUY 2
Commando.

GUY 1
Oh god, this movies the really ga//

HE IS DUBBED OVER BY A VOICE COMPLETELY DIFFERENT TO HIS OWN.

DUB
TIGAR!

GUY 1
//one right?

A DOOR SMASHING DOWN CAN BE HEARD AND SEVERAL SWAT OFFICERS POUR IN.

SWAT TEAM
(AS A GROUP)
Where's The Bomb?! Tell me where the bomb is?!? Where's the bomb!?!?!?! Tell me where the bomb is?!?!?!?!

THEY PICK GUY 1 UP ON THEIR SHOULDERS AND THROW HIM OUT OF AN OPEN WINDOW.

CUT TO:

INT. GAY BAR - NIGHT

THE WHOLE BAR IS STARING AT THE CAMERA, THEIR MOUTHS HUNG AGAPE IN SHOCK.

Don’t be mistaken. This is not an attack on you or your life style. This is merely part of our campaign to make Britain a more agreeable place. Your thoughts?

THERE IS A MOMENT OF SILENCE

GAY GUY 1
You utter faggo//

HE IS DUBBED OVER BY A VOICE THAT SOUNDS COMPLETELY DIFFERENT TO HIS.

DUB
TIGAR, TIGAR, TIGAR, TIGAR, TIGAR, TIGAR, TIGAR, TIGAR, TIGAR, TIGAR.

GAY GUY 1
//ker.

OFF CAMERA THE SWAT TEAM CAN BE HEARD.

SWAT TEAM (O.C.)
(AS A GROUP)
Where's The Bomb?! Tell me where the bomb is?!? Where's the bomb!?!?!?! Tell me where the bomb is?!?!?!?!

A WHITE CARD WITH FOUR SMILEY FACES APPEARS. THEY ARE WHITE, BROWN, BLACK AND PINK. IN THE BACKGROUND SHATTERING GLASS, TABLES BEING OVER TURNED AND LOTS OF SCREAMS CAN BE HEARD.

FADE OUT.

Yup, I thought that was very good too. Pretty much the same comments as before although I would add the adjective 'sinister' to those I used last time! You've got a good thing going there, keep it up, stick 'em all together, send 'em off!!! Looking forward to the next installment ... this is some of the most odd-ball stuff I've seen here!

Interesting sketch, Non PC being the understatement of the millennium. Just one slight anachronism - Muslims don't drink beer and by recent events they seem to be doctors from overseas. But in this context I suppose no one will care.

Good stuff though, I liked the speed bumps.