Coma Girl Page 2

Quote: zooo @ September 11 2011, 12:48 PM BST

Only one? But what if two had been unbelievably awesome?

Honestly, do you really think TWO will be unbelievably awesome?

Anything's possible!

Especially when you aren't a cynical, prejudging, hate-everything misery.

:)

I quite liked this, good actresses and it nips a long sprightly enough.

The jokes aren't brilliant but there's lots of them and they seem to fit neatly in with the characters and plot.

Intriguing idea and the soundtrack is aces.

It's slight but I could imagine watching this.

"The most excellent Vent is obviously not cool enough for TV, so we'll change all the characters to appear hip and write it again for C4 with a much more 'in vogue' cast."

... were my first thoughts.

Only it wasn't most excellent, as it needs plenty more laughs. Lots more in fact. Vent did, despite a similar (if not darker) tone.

Katy Wix was excellent though. The others can be much better.

In summary, not so bad in my opinion but too long between laughs. Much the same as last week.

Dan

Quote: zooo @ September 11 2011, 2:05 PM BST

Anything's possible!

Especially when you aren't a cynical, prejudging, hate-everything misery.

:)

What's cynical about hating things?

You need to hate in order to love. If things aren't any good why should they become a series? Campus, I believe was good enough to get more than series and the pilot bore that out, but it wasn't to be.

As for prejudging, surely that's what a pilot is all about. Every script sent anywhere is prejudged.

Quote: Tim Azure @ September 11 2011, 10:50 PM BST

What's cynical about hating things?

You need to hate in order to love. If things aren't any good why should they become a series?

Some people literally only ever post to say they hated something.
Some other people get a bit sick of seeing those some people doing that.

As for prejudging, surely that's what a pilot is all about. Every script sent anywhere is prejudged.

I don't even know what you mean there.

Quote: Tim Azure @ September 11 2011, 10:50 PM BST

You need to hate in order to love.

Not really.

Quote: zooo @ September 11 2011, 11:07 PM BST

Some people literally only ever post to say they hated something.

Steady, zooo! You're attacking the very foundations of the BCG!

Quote: zooo @ September 11 2011, 11:07 PM BST

I don't even know what you mean there.

Scripts and pilots are judged as whole series, despite the fact that (with scripts for example) you aren't that sure about direction, who's playing who, what the audience will feel about it and so on.

I don't think being cynical is the same as actually hating something. Okay, a lot of good series are knocked down by BCG by being awful, but maybe some of them deserve that critique.

"You have to hate in order in love" has some poetic truth in it doesn't it? You need to hate a bad show in order in love a good one?

I thought it was OK. If it was the first of a series I'd definitely watch again to see if it found its feet after the pilot.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ September 11 2011, 11:03 AM BST

Wasn't PhoneShop, which is coming back for a second series, a Comedy Showcase show?

Campus came from the same Comedy Showcase run. As did Todd Margaret.

Quote: Tim Azure @ September 12 2011, 9:37 AM BST

Scripts and pilots are judged as whole series, despite the fact that (with scripts for example) you aren't that sure about direction, who's playing who, what the audience will feel about it and so on.

Of course. But 'prejudging' is judging/deciding on something before you've even seen it. ie, in this case, deciding a pilot show will be shit before you've even seen it, not deciding whether or not to commission a series after seeing one episode.

The jokes were decidedly underpowered.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ September 11 2011, 11:03 AM BST

Wasn't PhoneShop, which is coming back for a second series, a Comedy Showcase show?

..and part of the same comedy showcase series as Campus?

So far both Comedy Showcase runs have seen half of the shows in them get a full series. Plus One, Free Agents, and Kevin Bishop from the original block, then Campus, PhoneShop, and Todd Margaret in the most recent.

Also Pete Versus Life was a seventh pilot commissioned for the previous Showcase, but they picked it up for a series straight away and held back its pilot so it never aired as part of that run.

Of those, four received a second series: Kevin Bishop, PhoneShop, Todd Margaret, and Pete Versus Life.

Ah, interesting.