Interesting?

Profile Of A Rather Good Writer

Not having much else to do on a rather hot and sticky Saturday afternoon (!) I took to googling around the web and came upon this gentleman who has an extensive TV writing career spanning the seventeen years from 1990 to date with credits that include Bergerac, Sam Saturday, Lovejoy, Pie in the Sky, The King of Chaos, Silent Witness, Wycliffe, The Kidnap, Heartbeat, Taggart, Waking the Dead, Holby City, The Bill and Nostradamus (2006). He has also written the Jenner series of novels and was winner of the John Lewellwyn Rhys Award in 1985. He was born 1952 in Bermondsey, left school at 16 and has worked as a bus driver and a policeman. He now lives in Bradwell-on-Sea, Essex.

The above gentleman's name is John Milne.

I consider it mildly odd that another 'Milne' (A.A.) of Pooh Bear fame (although he passed away in the 1950s) had initials that stood for ... Alan Alexander!

I hope the conclusion I've arrived at is wrong.

Ha ha, a conspiracy theorist type, are we?

Of course!

His CV would explain why he was so focused on characterisation and not the jokes. The plot thickens.

Laughing out loud

Honestly, if we're all so fascinated by him, we shouldn't be banning the poor bastard should we.
: )

What a very good point Zooo.

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not...

Curse the internet!! :)

I like your sig today btw.

Users should respect the staffs decision.

Don't get narky. (is that how you spell it?) :)

I'm not saying he should or shouldn't have been banned, just pointing out the irony of us going on about him. (me included)

For f**k sake. Drop it guys, please. This is getting us nowhere.

He's gone. Not due to his posts, which aren't nearly enough to warrant a banning, but for a multitude of other reasons.

End of.

Quote: charley rance @ June 23, 2007, 3:41 PM

What a very good point Zooo.

I wasnt being sarcastic honey. I meant it.

Leevil
I agree to your point too, i think people are just stating an opinion.

Lossa
If by some chance JM had decided to come on the BSG I truly believe he would have been more tactfull with his words. On the small chance it was him I am going to put the fact he read so many sketches of mine in my compliments case. I have to find a positive in everything see. When I start on the negatives I get to wrist slashing stage. Laughing out loud

Well I have to go and walk to the station in a thunderstorm so in the words of Samuel L Jackson 'be cool.'

EDIT: This is all speculation, so watch the use of Milne's name please.

Don't go under any trees.

OK so who is on the beer tonight.
ME! ME! ME!