Bad Blood Boils on Boards

These forums seem to be undergoing changes and are in danger of disappearing up their own derrieres as acrimony and ill-will is breaking out all over.

The clue is in the name is it not? Sitcom. That's why I signed on here.

And although I'd be the last to suggest that those interested in comedy writing and performance don't have valid opinions on other subjects, why we should want to give rein to them here puzzles me. The internet is strewn with countless million other sites where these debates would be at home.

I don't go into a shoe shop and ask for a pound of sausages - well not unless I'm a drummer I don't

There have been two threads recently that standing back from them have been little more than ill-tempered slanging matches and I see no real benefit in that. As a group of free thinking people we are bound to take different sides on any given topic.

I have yet to see the following discussion either in life, on the net or on telly.

PERSON # 1
I think this

PERSON # 2
I think that

PERSON # 1
You're wrong! This is correct.

PERSON # 2
You know? Come to think of it you're right. How could I have been so wrong and misguided? I've been a fool to myself over this. A bloomin' fool to myself. It's this for me from now on.

FADE

Gotta second that.

Is it not a coincidence that it started with the arrival of a certain user?

Quote: Leevil @ June 22, 2007, 3:10 PM

Is it not a coincidence that it started with the arrival of a certain user?

och, behave

If I post the thing you sent me below and say it shows you're a tosser, can I get that second warning, please?

"Yes, I am a moderator but I'm also just a normal user and sometimes I like to express my opinion as much as you do yours."

Wow we...Cor...but could i just say that it is hard sometimes (whatever!! oh misses) because this site has a very clicky crowd and its hard to get inside the chat sometimes...but i'll keep on because i enjoy most of it and it actually does make me laugh...Au Revoir Alan...'n' all that kinda thing...

this is getting *really* boring now...Just be nice and all >_<

Deep breaths everyone.

da da da Slag A to the rescue...

Don't you wish it was Thunderbirds turning up tho, rather than a gimp in a gasmask? ;)

Yeah but we'll make do :)

at least with you, SlagA, there ate no strings attatched ;)

See-I can do bad jokes, and thats about it :D

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ June 22, 2007, 3:23 PM

this is getting *really* boring now...Just be nice and all >_<

Make her a moderator!

Yeah i'm not being a Twa* but i've read his? their? Alien? well I'll just call them slag A's writing and i've actually changed the way i write...he's? (here we go again) writes interesting stuff that i as a writer (wannabe) really enjoy and learn from...but i aint gonna climb a grasy pole and eat marmite out of a dirty waste paper basket then burn my nipples if slag a asked me

Quote: paul watson @ June 22, 2007, 3:38 PM

Make her a moderator!

haha dont think that'd solve anything somehow

He even has a secret identity, you really are a super hero!

Yes, I am bored.