Big Breverin! (WARNING: Political Agenda) Page 4

Walker, I realise that as a writer you should stand up for what you believe, but I think now would be a good time to drop the argument. It's clear that you have caused a great deal of offence which means that no amount of point and counterpoint will change the general feeling.

I guess Swerytd offers up a most fitting critique of your work and personally, in my opinion, it would be in your best interest to take in what he has been written, agree to disagree, and back down gracefully.

Laughing out loud This thread reminds me of the Day Today sketch where Steve Coogan keeps asking if various car crash scenes are cool until he's under a car shouting 'is this cool!?!'. Then at the end Chris Morris says 'find out after the break.'

Quote: ajp29 @ June 20, 2007, 1:09 PM

Laughing out loud This thread reminds me of the Day Today sketch where Steve Coogan keeps asking if various car crash scenes are cool until he's under a car shouting 'is this cool!?!'. Then at the end Chris Morris says 'find out after the break.'

Laughing out loud Classic!

One of the most hideous things to be called is a racist. To call someone a racist based on a sketch is horrid. I think that this has gone far enough now. I can see all points raised here and it is admirable that people feel the need to speak up about their views on such matters. This just goes to show that todays society is no longer tolerant to abuse.

Charley I think thats very offensive to racists, racists are human beings too. Yes thay may be 'different' but you shouldn't say the most hideous thing to be called is racist, how do you think that makes racists feel. Racists should be allowed to live without the fear of society's prejudices. Give racism a chance.

Adams got a point, joking or not.

What if a guy saved the lives of babies and puppies all day, but also hated "niggers".

Does that make him a bad person?

Quote: Leevil @ June 20, 2007, 3:10 PM

Adams got a point, joking or not.

What if a guy saved the lives of babies and puppies all day, but also hated "niggers".

Does that make him a bad person?

Yes.

Were some of those children and puppies black! Or would he leave those for someone else to rescue.

Even if he never expressed his opinions to no one else and treated black babies equally?

Why would he dislike someone based on the colour of their skin. What would be the reasoning for his hatred.

He could be xenophobic?

He might not have any skin, is it ok to be racist then?

Quote: Leevil @ June 20, 2007, 3:17 PM

He could be xenophobic?

Xenophobia is the condition, not the cause.

Well this person doesn't exist, I don't have his medical history.

Just the fact that he's some sort of doctor, who hates black people.

You need to work more on your characters: first rule of sitcom!