8 Out Of 10 Cats - Series 11

http://www.sroaudiences.com/shows.asp indicates that Jason Manford has now left the show and will be replaced by Jon Richardson in the next series.

Odd.

Manford's career on the skid?

Quote: TopBanana @ April 28 2011, 4:11 PM BST

Odd.

Manford's career on the skid?

Text him..i dare you.... Whistling nnocently

I've done more than that already.....

It looks like he's quitting in favour of becoming a bit of an ITV face. God knows why.

Anyway, Richardson's been really quite funny on Stand Up For The Week recently, so regular 8 Out Of 10 Cats viewers shouldn't be disappointed.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/news/story/00000531/jason_manford_quit_8_out_of_10_cats_jon_richardson/

I like Richardson and his weird squeaky voice.

I've only seen him on HIGNFY. Doesn't seem very similar to Manford at all.

But I only ever watch EOOTC for Lock and Carr (and Jamelia's boobs), so I'm not fussed either way.

Quote: Aaron @ May 3 2011, 1:42 PM BST

It looks like he's quitting in favour of becoming a bit of an ITV face. God knows why.

The ITV stuff he's doing looks like fairly harmless, family-friendly stuff, as opposed to 8 Out Of 10 Cats, which I think is exactly what he needs right now - can you imagine him commenting on the superinjunctions without somebody bringing up his troubles at the end of last year?

Bingo. Look at what happened to Angus Deayton once he was stuck on a panel show while surrounded by smut. Manford needs something where he can stand on a stage and talk at an audience, with a minimum amount of interaction. Plus, I'm a fan of Jon Richardson, so woo for that too!

Very glad Jon is on this show. Him and Sean as captains is a dream combo.

Quote: Chopz @ July 5 2011, 7:09 PM BST

Very glad Jon is on this show. Him and Sean as captains is a dream combo.

Agreed. Wasn't really a fan of this show before, but Mr Richardson has given it a real boost.

It's early in the new series, but it's been great so far.

When I saw the guest list for last week's show, I groaned. But Jimmy's piss-take comments to Amy and Gok's "racist" story about his father were brilliantly funny.

I like Jon's laid back style too.

Quote: sheep2 @ July 7 2011, 5:02 PM BST

...and Gok's "racist" story about his father were brilliantly funny.

That was very funny.

I love Jon Richardson too! He's brilliant. I've not seen anyone else quite like him, in the way he uses all his insecurities and cynicism and weirdness.

Does anyone know if tomorrow's episode is a topical one or one of those 'specials' on a particular subject they do at times? Dara has stated that MTW isn't covering the phone-hacking scandal tonight, it'll be interesting to see if 8OO10C does the same and if it's the latter they obviously won't.

It is supposed to be a normal episode.